Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Just try me..

They best in show one..
Old 03-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Top Dog

I find it so strange how the rattle off the dog's achievements when its health is under fire. TALK ABOUT ITS HEALTH, NOT ITS RIBBONS!!!

ETA I'm about 4 mins into the Clumber Spaniel interview and I feel sorry for the owner (even though I find it bizarre how she counters a claim against a dog's health with 'well it's the most popular dog in the breed').... if it's true her dog has every health check in the book and is otherwise healthy but for a bit of conjunctivitis, which the breed judge didn't mind, then I don't agree with that.

To me this vet check should be to weed out dogs that have obvious genetic disorders (ectropion), cannot breathe or wobble when they walk etc... that is where their interference matters, not over mild conjunctivitis that the judge let through.

Actually since that Clumber had a gamut of health tests it would've been nice to see that recognized somehow.

Last edited by Xandra; 03-10-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Sit! Good dog.

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
They best in show one..
Yeah I thought it was weird that every single post there was in favor of the writer. Especially when I've seen it brought up so many times to be criticized.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Sit! Good dog.

You can't tell me these are healthy eyes...

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Here I am pounding out my ETA, and you've already posted information that made it irrelevant **** internets...
Old 03-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm All Ears

But that's not the same dog, is it? (Markings look really different to me)

http://www.kennel-chervood.dk/?page=dogs&id=29
Old 03-10-2012, 11:09 AM
woof!

Go KC!! that's a great step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
This just came across my Facebook - I can't tell you how much this disappoints me.
So is like they are saying

"We have the right to keep breeding this deformed dogs that cannot even give birth or mate anymore, with muzzles so short that even if the dog walks a few steps in a rig it get so tired and their breathing sounds like a rusted locomotive and it has to be let on a bucket of ice or it will faint for the overheating, A vet cannot tell us there's something with our dogs, because to our eyes this dogs look really pretty and flashy, we don't care if the dog has a miserable life from this malformations, we only want a lot of ribbons and thropies hanging from our walls, not a good quality life for them"
Old 03-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
But that's not the same dog, is it? (Markings look really different to me)

http://www.kennel-chervood.dk/?page=dogs&id=29
Same breeder - same show dog - same "qualifications" - same "example" of the breed!

Same old sh!t

Old 03-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

I've skimmed through this thread and have read other articles, but I can't find what the bulldog and pekenese were failed for? Can somebody tell me?

I have a facebook friend who said "a competent judge went over each and every one of these dogs and found them to be the best example of their particular breed and what happens? A veterinarian, who may not have any knowledge of that breeds standard, is then allowed to "judge" the dog and rule if it is fit enough to take the prize." Sooooo, a conformation judge should be able to diagnose medical problems better than a vet, because the vet doesn't know the breed?? Yeah, that makes sense.