Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 03-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Top Dog

i can honestly see a bunch of folks jumping ship to another registry if the AKC &/or UKC adopt this approach. imagine continental or WWKC doubling in size overnight.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Top Dog

Coming from the working APBT world, I can understand that ugly dogs can and often do get the job done. They are healthy, they can function, and they do it all with minimal effort. So I can understand the GSD.

With that said, I am NOT a GSD person (I have no real in-depth knowledge), but I think that caboose in horrid. And I mean HORRID.

More power to the dog.

ETA:

I'm also glad that the other dogs failed. I've assisted with numerous cherry-eye surgeries on related dogs to understand it's not some "fluke" like some like to make it seem.

And those mastiffs...........oh the horrors!

And just for gits and shiggles, does anyone else snort with laughter every time it's the Bulldog's turn to take the ring, and the announcers start going on about how they were used for bull-baiting and yada yada yada? As if that deformed creature could get on and off the couch without assitance much less engage in one of the most strenuous of [former] canine activities. (and I say that with love having owned a [English] Bulldog in the past and while my in-laws currently own one)
Old 03-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

Basset Hound did not pass vet check, either. Every dog in the Terrier Group checked out okay, I believe.

As far as the German Shepherd Dog goes, I watched the Pastoral Group and yes, there is some amount of curvature to his spine but honestly he is MUCH nicer than most other VA rated German Shepherds out there, was not that extreme in my opinion. No, not my cup of tea at all but all in all not something I would get up in arms over. As said already, bigger fish to fry. Not to my tastes but not an atrocity, either. Did not shy away from the judge nor did he appear uncomfortable in his surroundings, did not trip over himself...

Old 03-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Top Dog

Apparently a DDB collapsed at Crufts yesterday and later died at the vets, poor thing.

My Photos
Old 03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahHound View Post
Apparently a DDB collapsed at Crufts yesterday and later died at the vets, poor thing.

Is there a source for this? I wonder what happened, that is awful.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahHound View Post
Sorry, what's a DDB?
Old 03-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Top Dog

Dogue de Bordeaux
Old 03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
*Now with Snark*

From Dogs Today

Quote:
Just spoken to the owner of Marley, the Dogue De Bordeaux that very sadly died yesterday. Marley was three years old and seemed to be in excellent health earlier in the day. On the way out of Crufts she collapsed and vets were quickly on the scene. Laryngeal paralysis was the diagnosis and the decision was taken to let her go as quality of life would have been very poor if extraordinary means were used. This was the first anyone knew of Marley having any health issues. Marley had had her hips done under anaesthetic about a year ago and until yesterday there had been no sign of any health problem but the Crufts vets felt this was a ticking time bomb and it could have happened at any time. Happening at Crufts meant that vet's were close and suffering kept to a minimum. It was devastating to Marley's owners but the have vowed to find out everything they can about laryngeal paralysis so that they can help prevent this happening to anyone else. My Googling shows that it is often idiopathic - I've come across it in Dalmatians. I am sure we all send them our love and support on such a very sad and traumatic event. If you see any comments suggesting overheating being the cause please direct people to this statement as there was nothing Marley's owners could have done differently to save her.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Borzoi just went through from hounds. watching best in show live next
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post

Is there a source for this? I wonder what happened, that is awful.
They just announced it on the actual Crufts program, live. So I assume its true, otherwise they wouldn't have said it, But I can;t find any links on it. She said his name was Marley.

The final line up is done beautiful Borzoi got the Hound group, although Katy and I were hoping for the Saluki or Greyhound

My Photos