Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Top Dog

Now that I think of it, for people who don't know me well it can look like Logan is my favorite, since he's almost always with me. But it's out of necessity. Gavroche has parking lot phobia, so where I used to take him everywhere and leave him in the car, he now only goes with me if he can either go in where we're going (pet stores), or if I'm not getting out of the car. Logan can go no matter what, unless I don't think he can handle a certain place or he shouldn't go to a certain place, and it's too hot to stay in the car. He's not working full time yet though.

But at the end of the day, Gavroche is still my favorite <3
Old 03-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Top Dog

Jack is definitely my favorite - I highly prefer him over Missy. I mean, I like Missy, but I LOVE Jack. His personality, his size, everything - it just suits me better.

Although my Mom definitely prefers Missy, so it works out. We each have "our" dog, so nobody feels guilty.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Kiba is definently the favorite, followed by Lincoln and Charlie. Kiba is also my #1 dog to do anything related to agility with. They are just more my type of go anywhere and do anything kinda dogs and personality-wise what I like in a dog. Though I'm trying more to like working with Stryder and Tsuki, I love them dearly but they can both be frustrating to work with sometimes.

Recently when I decide to take a dog, or work on something with a dog, I use a random number generator to pick the dog. LOL (Yes I am lame).
Old 03-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Traveler is the favorite. I know, you all are so surprised.

With Kaylee its because she is everything I don't like or want in a dog so its hard to include her sometimes because she doesn't like most things other than food, isn't reliable off leash, is nervy around people and isn't built well. On top of all that working work her frustrates me. So yeah, Traveler is so much more well behaved, trust worthy and fun to work with.
Since this is exactly what I was going to write, I'll just stalk you.

OTOH, I expect WAY more from Blaze, yet he is probably the favorite. So, being the favorite might be a bad thing. . .

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 03-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I don't know. I was going to say Payton is getting more training time right now since he's still a baby and is still learning a lot of basics, but Auggie gets more training time that isn't "we are going to work on this new behaviour" and is more "let's work on improving this skill" or "let's work on your muscle tone" or whatever. I mean, Payton is still learning a proper heel. Auggie once heeled on an entire five mile walk in the woods (NOT because I asked, but he found out I had cookies in my pocket and he maintained a beautiful heel our entire hike for the chance to get cookies... I can't exactly be mad about it, LOL, even though I really wanted us to just go hike and have some fun spending time together.) So we work on different things. I think it just feels like Payton gets more time because we are doing NEW stuff whereas Auggie mostly gets to rehearse and refine stuff. Also even when I do work on new stuff with Auggie, it doesn't quite feel new? I don't know how to explain it. Like I have decided to work on getting him to wrap his jumps tighter, which IS a new skill for him, but something about it doesn't feel like OMG NEW. I suspect it's because we have six years of teamwork between us and we each seem to really know what we're doing... whereas Payton isn't even a year old yet so we are still learning how to make that team function, so it ALL feels very new and unique and stuff.

But anyway, all that said... yeah, um... Auggie is my favourite. What am I supposed to do? He's my heart dog, LOL. I love him so much. We just get each other. If Payton tries to fall asleep at the top of my bed I will usually MOVE him just so Auggie can sleep on the pillow next to me... Payton is a nice little snuggle bug and on the rare occasion Auggie decides to sleep down at the bottom of the bed I love having him all cuddled up next to me, but... I would just rather have Auggie there haha.

But that doesn't mean I don't also love Payton. And Pepper too, God bless her, even though she is NOT my favourite dog to work with at all. I love both of them VERY much. It's just different with each of them, even between Payton and Pepper, it's just different.
But if somebody pointed a gun at my head and said I could only have one dog, I'm taking Auggie. I wouldn't even have to think about it. =P And I don't exactly feel bad admitting it.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Puppy Dog

Josie is the favorite. She goes everywhere with me and is pretty much by my side alot of the times. I just love how sound she is and willing to take any challenges without hesitation. She is so easy to work with too, i truly did not know what a real dog was until a German Shepherd came into my life . I do spend some time with the shelties though to be fair. I don't think dogs notice anyway, i think it's more to do with human emotions.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Top Dog

Lily is the favorite. However in the interest of of a peaceful household with two GSD mix bitches... they are treated equally in all things. Two of everything and both go everywhere with me.

Even already having her own, Lily was PISSED when I got Scout a blingy collar.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Top Dog

I try not to play favourites, and there are different things about each of my dogs that I prefer about them over another, but I think it's often pretty obvious that Dance is my world. And sometimes I think she knows it, but the Dobermans don't seem to mind. I try to give them all the same amount of attention, but I think Dance gets a little more some days. Dance is just pretty much everything I like in a dog and I enjoy her so much, so she's who I prefer to do most things with. Among so many other good things, she's happy, she's eager, she's fun, she's a nice size, she's a shadow without being overbearing about it, she's easy to live with and so on.

Admittedly, Keira and I don't have much of a bond. I love her and I know she loves me, but she's always been my mom's dog and I really haven't done a whole lot with her 1:1 when compared to the other two (though I've still done quite a bit with her). Mostly because she frustrates me to train and she doesn't like to play, but also because I have my own two to focus more on.

Ripley, OTOH, is very bonded to me, but his and my relationship is totally different than my relationship with Dance. He's such a derpy, constantly in your face dog that it can be more than a little frustrating at times and as a result, there are certain things that are just not that enjoyable to do with him as there are with Dance. Granted, on the same token, there are other things that I have more fun with him also that I don't with Dance. But it's just a different bond entirely. It's not that I love him less, but there's just an extra something with Dance.

Edit: As far as rights and privileges go, they all basically have the same ones. Except Dance is allowed on the couch (when I'm on it and I invite her up) and the Dobermans are not. The Dobermans take couch privileges too far and don't understand the whole being invited up thing (they just think it becomes their own personal bed all day, every day), and they take up too much space. And their hairs are pokey and give my mom and I hives. But they don't care about this minor difference in privileges between them and Dance. They understand that the big comfy beds are for them, and they're totally fine with it.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN

Last edited by Toller_08; 03-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Teagan is the favorite, and will always be the favorite. She is my heart and soul. I am fostering a pitbull puppy right now and I am having a hard time really connecting or even developing a bond with the pup, which is actually a good thing. Lets hope my Boyfriend can do the same, but that also has me worried that maybe it will be like this when do eventually bring a Boerboel puppy into my home.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Top Dog

I don't say I have a favorite, but the dogs do get different privlages based on their behavior and manners. Zuma goes everywhere with me, literally. Due to Classic's specialness (size and attitude), he just isn't capable of doing that. That doesn't mean at home we have different rules or treat them differently.