Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 11-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Top Dog

I heard how much you feed them depends on the dog's weight and California Natural is a good brand. I don't own a corgi. That's just what I've heard.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Top Dog

Theres always food in Peanut's bowl. Food and fresh water. She eats once at night and once in the morning, at her own will. I know other people might have schedules, but I think it comes down to what works for your dog individually. I feed Peanut Nutro and Im still trying to convince my mom to swith to Innova Evo.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Active Pup

peanut is just adorable!! and I love the name
Old 11-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyC
peanut is just adorable!! and I love the name
Thank you

Be ready for a ton of work. Corgis are so hyper and they love belly rubs. Oh, youll also fall in love with the way they run. Theyre like big goofy tail-less rabbits.lol
Old 11-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Island dweller

I THINK, and correct me if I'm wrong Nedim, but I THINK that Nedim loves his doggie.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Active Pup

Smile

Welcome! I am relatively new here as well but have found this site very informative. I am also a corgi lover and owned my last one for 15 years. (He is in my siggy). He was one of the best dogs I ever owned-very smart, easy to train, and very loyal. Corgis do tend to be very independant though and can be incredibly stubborn so you want to start their training the minute you get them as puppies and also socialize them really well so that they become good little doggie citizens. They also tend towards chubbiness so you do have to watch their food intake and make sure they get plenty of exercise. SOme day when I have lots of time on my hands again I will get another one but right now I will just enjoy my other two boys and keep Penquin's memory alive. Can't wait to see the pics of your new kid.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
I THINK, and correct me if I'm wrong Nedim, but I THINK that Nedim loves his doggie.
No way! That little smooshy-butt? How could I fall in love with a little midget demon??
Old 11-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin
Welcome! I am relatively new here as well but have found this site very informative. I am also a corgi lover and owned my last one for 15 years. (He is in my siggy). He was one of the best dogs I ever owned-very smart, easy to train, and very loyal. Corgis do tend to be very independant though and can be incredibly stubborn so you want to start their training the minute you get them as puppies and also socialize them really well so that they become good little doggie citizens. They also tend towards chubbiness so you do have to watch their food intake and make sure they get plenty of exercise. SOme day when I have lots of time on my hands again I will get another one but right now I will just enjoy my other two boys and keep Penquin's memory alive. Can't wait to see the pics of your new kid.
Penquin has given you some great advice. I'd like to stress the importance of socialization as soon as possible. I adopted Peanut from the shelter at the age of 11 months and I don't think her original family socialized her at all. She hates other dogs, cats, small animals, whatever. The only dog I've seen her ever get along with is my friends papillon.lol. Make sure to get your dog accustumed to different animals and people from an early age so that when your dog matures, you won't have any aggression problems.Corgis make for great guard dogs and their bark will make your ears bleed.lol. They're extremely defensive of their territory and if someone walks up to your house and your dog doesnt recognize them, you'll definately hear howling and barking. Theres not much more I can add that hasnt already been said. If you need more info on corgis, go to www.dogbreedinfo.com .Youll find great information and dog standards there.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Corgi bum

Yes...everything that Penquin says is true....Corgi's are are extremely strong willed. They are the most loving, loyal dogs though and ohhhhh soooo smart!!! They're such little clowns. As Nedim said...be prepared to give lot's of belly rubs...we call it "tummy scratchin time" at our house. LOL I feed Chloe and my Dachshund, Jack, Exclusive but am wanting to change to Innova EVO. Corgi's do tend to get chubby so this can add problems for them because of their short little legs and long backs. It's good to keep them at a healthy weight and give them lot's of exercize. You'll really enjoy your Corgi.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Active Pup

Dena, I LOVE dachsunds as well (I think I love ALL dogs ) but I always wanted doxie....until I saw the Corgi, maybe after I get my Corgi I'll bug my hubby about it
if you don't mind can you tell me how much you feed your dog? do you mix wet and dry or just give dry?
my breeder gives only dry free standing food, I know they tend to pack on some weight so I really don't want to do that.
Thanks again everyone for such a wonderful welcome, can't wait to get my Corgi and show her off to you !!