Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I plan on having multiple dogs to fulfill multiple purposes, and I don't have a "breed." I much prefer mutts and the surprises they offer
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
-
-Lazy dogs. The fat slug under the blanket on my sofa right now, doesn't do much to impress me.
".
i am still new here and i don't post much but this posting you made kinda ticked me off and i am n ot sure if you were joking or not but how can you say your dog doesn't impress you much cause its on the couch being good

i just don't understand i think that you should be thankfull that you have dog's to be curled up on the couch and sleeping i lost 3 of my dogs within the last couple months and i would do anything in the world for them to be doing that right now.. i would say more but then i would be curseing and i am better then that
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Top Dog

Oh yeah, and any dog the size of a horse! j/k, but yes, any dog of hugely proportionate size, anything that weighs more than myself! And nothing bellow my ankle, or that fits perfectly under my foot.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
love herds

Dog aggression: been there done that. Never want to do it again. Any breed that I would have to worry about not being able to walk in the city or would have to crate and rotate with the others is off of the list
Tolerant of strangers- I live in the city right now so I need a dog who is able to walk past strangers of all shapes and sizes on the sidewalk.
Serious- I am not a fan of really derpy goofy dogs. A dog with a sense of humor is good though
Size: I want a dog that I can physically control/lift if need be.
One person dogs: I prefer a dog that loves me more than everyone else and is not throwing themselves at everyone for attention
Energetic: I need a dog that wants to go on adventures with me and is built to do so.
Not brachycephalic: I worry about them in the heat.
Attractive: I like a dog a find appealing.
Smart/biddable: I do not claim to be a fantastic dog trainer, I need a dog who is smart enough and willing to please enough that they can work with me.
Off switch: I need a dog that is not going to go batty in the house or if I have to skip their run for a day.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Slowness, as silly as that sounds. I don't like dogs that are slow moving. It bugs me and starts to get on my nerves the longer I'm around a dog like that.
That actually might be one of the top things for me. I don't know why it bothers me but it does. One of the first things I do when looking at a breed is look on youtube and try to see how fast they typically move/react.

- DA is a main one. Not something I want to deal with.
- Heartbreak breeds. Don't want to deal with that at all.
- Curly hair- texture issue for me. I dislike the feel of poodle hair immensely. I can't tell you why
- Dogs that require clipping or professional grooming
- Anything over Aussie/Belgian in size (even those are pushing it)
- wrinkles
- extreme brachycephaly
- drooling (ick)
- super independent breeds. Nothing about that type of personality appeals to me

I used to say beards but then I am now looking at a breed that sometimes comes with a beard. Originally I said it would HAVE to be a smooth but now I'm starting to like the scruffy look just as much.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEyezz View Post
i am still new here and i don't post much but this posting you made kinda ticked me off and i am n ot sure if you were joking or not but how can you say your dog doesn't impress you much cause its on the couch being good

i just don't understand i think that you should be thankfull that you have dog's to be curled up on the couch and sleeping i lost 3 of my dogs within the last couple months and i would do anything in the world for them to be doing that right now.. i would say more but then i would be curseing and i am better then that
Sorry, you don't know the back story and I don't mean to tick you off for that. He was inherited from family, shortly before his owners died, morbidly obese. All he does all day is sleep under a blanket on the sofa, well he looks like one so I call him a slug, it's a joke. I also call him Stinky Mushroom, it's kind of funny when he "sprouts", lol. Here's a picture:

Cozy by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

Essentially though, he isn't mine. The two in my sig are mine. Oh, here's another pic, doesn't he kind of look like a slug? (we're still working on his weight, and the odor problem, he stinks like nothing you could ever imagine)

New JW Hol-EE Cuz toy by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr
Old 03-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I am sorry you lost 3 dogs. That is very sad. However I don't think their post had anything to do with you or your dogs.

That fat slug is adorable, I would use it as a pillow. LOL
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
Sorry, you don't know the back story and I don't mean to tick you off for that. He was inherited from family, shortly before his owners died, morbidly obese. All he does all day is sleep under a blanket on the sofa, well he looks like one so I call him a slug, it's a joke. I also call him Stinky Mushroom, it's kind of funny when he "sprouts", lol. Here's a picture:

Cozy by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

Essentially though, he isn't mine. The two in my sig are mine. Oh, here's another pic, doesn't he kind of look like a slug? (we're still working on his weight, and the odor problem, he stinks like nothing you could ever imagine)

New JW Hol-EE Cuz toy by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr
well why not get him into doing thing's that will not make him give him a bath with special shampoo i mean i have known people with that breed who r active and u can not expect the dog to be active all the time. have u had his kidneys checkl i had a dog who stunk and come to find out it was her kidneys and she was put on rymedal or something like that ok ok i am gonna stop now cause if i go any further not only on ur post but some others i will get banned. and i don't want that cause i love lpookin at people's furkids..
Old 03-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I am sorry you lost 3 dogs. That is very sad. However I don't think their post had anything to do with you or your dogs.

That fat slug is adorable, I would use it as a pillow. LOL
i know it didn't but the way it sounded to me is that she did not like or care about that dog
Old 03-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Active Pup

i just posted a response to you welsh and it did not go through ggrrr i am not gonna repost it..

MOD EDIT: It went to the "moderation queue" for some reason. It's been approved and is in place above.

Last edited by eddieq; 03-07-2012 at 08:55 PM.