Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-07-2012, 06:22 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Default So pleased with raw.

It's worked miracles here. For those who don't know, Violet had some MAJOR allergies going on. I assume they were food related, since switching to raw has helped tremendously.

She was licking/biting her tummy area completely raw, and eventually developed a yeast skin infection in that area. We tried three rounds of steroids, anti-fungals, and anti-biotics. They helped, but it would come right back. Finally, we switched her over to raw, and have quickly seen great results.

Even when she began to feel better, she would still lick the area, more out of habit than anything else, so she had to wear the cone of shame for a while. Now, I hardly see her licking at all. Maybe once a day, or every other day. All I have to do is say "hey, quit that!" and she will.

Her hair is growing back in, her skin where it was darkening up before, is returning to it's normal color, little spots of pink are showing up everywhere, and her skin is SUPER soft, like baby's skin, where before it was really nasty. She even has more energy! It's crazy. I'm so pleased.

We are also giving her salmon oil, and claritin (recommended by the vet) but once she's 100% we're going to back her off of the claritin, and lower her dosage of salmon oil (giving her double doses right now) and see how she does.

I'm just so glad that we 'discovered' the raw diet. It's helped us out so much. I thought it was going to be a MUCH harder fix than it's turned out to be, and I'm so glad that Violet's finally happy again.

Here are some 'before/after' pictures of Violet's tummy.

right after starting raw (dry, thick, icky looking)

a few weeks ago (really dark, still a bit thick and icky looking)

today (lightening up, no thickness, softer looking)

I hope you can see the change. It's hard in pictures, since I never really took close ups of her tummy or anything. I'll try to get a close up of the now, though, so you can see how she's growing hair back.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Kotah BEAR

I can definitely see the difference!
She looks absolutely fantastic <3
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Bite Club

That is awesome - so glad you found a solution! Raw is awesome!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

I definitely see the difference!

I haven't seen a Sibe yet without crazy allergies, raw is AWESOME! I'm glad it worked out for you and Violet.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Resident fainting goat

Congrats on the progress I was also really shocked/pleased at the amazing results!

Should've seen my moms dogs teeth.. and that was WITH prof expensive vet cleanings.
now, sparkly white!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

I'm glad its working so well. Kinda thought it would, dang husky butts! Her tummy looks much better. I think the difference in her coat and muscles is huge too. The pics you put up today, she looks really awesome!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 PM
MyHorseMyRules

She looks so much better. I'm glad it helped.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:22 AM
and Fozzie B!

YAY!!! I'm so glad Violet is getting better... poor bbygrl! I know so many Huskies with food allergies. She must love her new diet.

I know how frustrating yeast infections can be. Not me, personally! Lolz. Gonzo got a horrific full-body yeast infection after getting sick that would not go away. He was on Prednisone on and off for months and got all of those great side effects, then the itchiness and hair loss would come right back. I was feeding really good kibble so I didn't even think to change it. Once I started feeding raw again, just because, he recovered miraculously. Raw works so much better than expensive, harmful medications.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 AM
love the fluff

Raw is a wonderful thing. It can really work miracles! I'll never feed anything else.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Neccy says to tell Violet she hears her and so understands. Nothing in my opinion is worse than itching. The transformation in Neccy has been profound and I couldn't be happier as well. Way to go Violet..here is to feeling comfortable in your own skin.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,