Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
Ugh, I don't like cilantro. I can tolerate it in very small quantities. But we have a mexican restaurant nearby that has EXCELLENT chips and queso, they just overload their salsa with cilantro and it ruins the whole thing. There's another resturant that has REALLY GOOD shrimp tacos, but again, overloaded with cilantro; at least there I can order it without cilantro, but occasionally I forget and it's very sad.

I have a friend who grows cilantro, she loves it. She chopps it up and makes pesto with it, blech!
I think the operative word (s) is "over load." I kind of like a hint of it....that's okay...in Mexican food or even curry dishes. But it does seem that a lot of cooks over load things with it and that might be what bugs me. (?)
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmypup View Post
I hate cilantro, unless it's in Vietnamese food.
Yup. We put cilantro in almost everything!

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Love my pets

It's the one herb that I don't like much at all. I can tell right away if there's even a little of it in something I'm eating. I remember years ago I did make a peso with it by substituting some of the basil with cilantro. Maybe I should try this again.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Active Pup

Detest it and will not eat a dish if I can taste cilantro in it. Seems like it is in more and more dishes.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Felurian

I love it. One of my favorites is an avocado with sea salt, lime juice and fresh cilantro.

My favorite salsa is verde -- heavy with cilantro, but my VERY favorite is this one http://www.mexicoinmykitchen.com/200...alsa-with.html

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Top Dog

Thanks for the recipe Renee....looks ummmm...good. lol. I'm working on changing my mind about cilantro. I chopped some up with some bell pepper, tomato and a little onion and put it on my baked potato half that I had with my rib eye. I even put some of that stuff on my salad and choked it down. lol. It kind of louses up the other flavors. I mean, it's very strong. Why oh why can't it taste more like basil? LOL. I just have to keep reading those benefits over and over again.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
<--------Orson

Hmmmmmmm, interesting! I have only ever had (and make regularly) the cooked (I oven roast until starting to brown) tomatillo version of salsa verde!

I may have to try that one Renee............is it bitter at all?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Felurian

It doesn't taste bitter at all to me, Coop.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

I love cilantro, as with most herbs. Fresh is definitely best, and if I have excess then I dry them myself for winter use. These days, excess isn't typical. AF Base housing is pretty strict. As long as the cilantro is in moderation, just like most herbs, it's great.