Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I do not like cilantro, yick. So of course it would be great for me. lol

The only food that I have ever been able to stomach that includes cilantro is Panera Bread's cilantro hummus. I guess this means I just have to go to Panera more!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Can't stand it. I HATE the smell.

When I worked in produce, the morning crew knew I hated it. So they ALWAYS put it in MY sink to wash for crisping. I came in every day to a huge whiff of that stuff. Blegh.

My Polyvore
Old 03-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Professional Nerd

To me, cilantro tastes the way a nasty, unrinsed, rancid dish rag smells.

Cilantro Haters, Its Not Your Fault
Old 03-07-2012, 12:00 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I grow all my herbs by now. I have cilantro, basil, rosemary, lavender, chives and I'm planning on adding a few more.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Top Dog

I don't know if I've ever had Cilantro. My mom is severely allergic to it, so it's definitely never been used at home in anything we've ever cooked. Might have had it in a restaurant and not known, but I don't think so. Looks like it does a lot of good for you though!

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 03-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Kristen1980

I love Cilantro!! I will add it to just about anything
Old 03-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

Gypsy, I use to grow everything in my vegetable gardens...every house I've ever lived in. My Dad was an expert gardener and that's what I grew up on...home grown veggies and he even made all our bread...no store bought. He always had a big garden and it just all passed onto me. At about 9 years old, he had me working in his garden....showing me how to fertilize and cultivate, plant things, etc. I'd whine about the weeding and he'd just say, "That's why I picked the best man for the job." (which was suppose to make me feel better about it.) LOL. I use to make sachets out of lavender and used left over material and a sewing machine. It would be fun to try soap or some other nice things. This new house is the first where I haven't yet made a garden. I think I'll do pots or something on a small scale, as I'm getting too old to do anything big.... decrepit too. lol.

It think that's great how you're doing your own stuff. It is fresher, (everything tastes soooo much better when home grown) (think tomatoes...mmm) you can control what if any pesticides you use and it's cheaper and so satisfying.

Well, I'm definitely going to make myself like cilantro one way or another. Ewwww. it does smell nasty though.

Here's my secret recipe that I love and it's made with basil. Measurements are aproximate:

caramelize a large onion

add already stir fried chicken pieces from a couple big thighs or breasts, whatever you prefer.

Sauteed mushrooms (if you like mushrooms)

add a huge amount of spinach and a double handful of fresh basil (lots)
sprinkle generously some balsamic vinegar and a little drizzle of soy sauce (be careful not to get too much soy)
squeeze the juice of a whole fresh lime over and grate the rind, put it in.
put in a couple TBLS of brown sugar and cook it all down, but don't over cook.

You can salt to taste if you must.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Sit! Good dog.

A) it's called coriander

B) How weird.. I am literally sitting here munching soup (amazing soup, recipe to follow) with a Chermoula butter which has loads of coriander in and thinking how.yummy coriander is and browsing on my.phone and see THIS!!!! Creepy.

C) I love coriander!!!

D) It's called coriander!!!!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
<--------Orson

Hmmmmmm, I think it's curious how people who don't like Cilantro think it smells bad. I think it smells (and of course tastes) lovely! My two boys who are allergic claim it smells terrible and tastes like soap! They say it doesn't taste exactly like soap, but that's the closest they can describe the 'nastiness' of it, LOL

EDIT: NO DIZZY! Here, only the SEEDS are called Coriander! LOL......you guys are weird! haha
Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Are you dead yet?

I hated cilantro until I moved to Mexico, and now I've developed a taste for it. It's great in salsas, tacos and salads.