Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 03-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Default Agility dog with multiple handlers

How does this effect the dogs scoring for their titles? Does it? Is it per venue?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

Points are assigned to the dog, not the handler. So long as you don't run them in the veteran division for any of the handlers, it's not an issue.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Points are assigned to the dog, not the handler. So long as you don't run them in the veteran division for any of the handlers, it's not an issue.
Thank you, I thought so but I was having trouble finding literature on it so I figured I would ask.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Kerri has run Cider, I've run Kaiden. The only possible issue would be running a dog with a Jr handler and an adult if the dog was in a low level, as the dog would be running the same course twice, which is generally a no no.

Can also be personal, I'd be sad if someone else put the final Q for Cider's ATCh on her.. but that's just me and it's be a long hard road

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 03-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
Can also be personal, I'd be sad if someone else put the final Q for Cider's ATCh on her.. but that's just me and it's be a long hard road
Well that is an issue too. LOL

The reason this came up is I have decided to finally try again with Backup at agility. He'll be honestly a better dog than Sloan but the control over this dog is minimal and even that is hard. When he gets moving he's a mess of speed and mostly we're pretty convinced he just closes his eyes, plugs his ears, and goes singing superhero tunes in his head.

That said if, and it's a big if, I get him up and running I may hand Sloan over to Denis and let him continue on with her while I experience migraines with dumber. Of course then I get to consider if that would make me sad but I am sure I'll be happy for the both of them... maybe.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

As others said, it doesn't affect titling at all. Some dogs take to it just fine, others don't. When I was injured a couple of months ago, I tried to have a few people run Meg in class, and it was a mess. I wound up having one friend who could get her to run, and she did do several classes at the trial that week. I couldn't be anywhere in her sight from the time she left the crate until she was done the course.

Gusto will be learning from an early age to work for anyone! It is a skill I want him to have, whether I ever need it or not.

And yes, the one class I ran (hobbling all the way) that weekend was the run we needed for our PDCH. Nobody but me was getting that!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I got frustrated a few years ago and tried to give Cider up to a trainer we've used who has been to world's... She told me no because it wouldn't mean anything if she put a Q on Cider. I conceded. Last fall I was feeling bleh at a trial and Kerri ran a master's standard run with Cider. They dropped a bar sadly for 5 faults, but came uber close. We're 4 Qs to an ATCh have been for a while and trialling little.. I figure once we have it, I'll be pretty lax about handing her over to others as we'll have that milestone..

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Doesn't matter in AKC either, unless the handler is a junior handler and identifies as such in which case they can start in Novice even if they have an experienced dog (which is to benefit and encourage the junior handler).

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Top Dog

It doesn't matter who runs the dog in most situations you'd come across. I took Ziggy after my husband had competed with him a bit and am now competing with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
The reason this came up is I have decided to finally try again with Backup at agility. He'll be honestly a better dog than Sloan but the control over this dog is minimal and even that is hard. When he gets moving he's a mess of speed and mostly we're pretty convinced he just closes his eyes, plugs his ears, and goes singing superhero tunes in his head.
It's all about the foundation The more wild and "out of control" your dog is, the less you should be working them on "running agility" (setting up sequences or courses with multiple obstacles) and the more you should be working on agility foundations (everything else!). Teaching the dog to do obstacles and running ability are the easy parts, it's everything that goes on in between and the finer details that are harder to get. The faster and more crazy your dog is, the more a lack of strong foundation skills will be detrimental to their agility career.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
As others said, it doesn't affect titling at all. Some dogs take to it just fine, others don't. When I was injured a couple of months ago, I tried to have a few people run Meg in class, and it was a mess. I wound up having one friend who could get her to run, and she did do several classes at the trial that week. I couldn't be anywhere in her sight from the time she left the crate until she was done the course.

Gusto will be learning from an early age to work for anyone! It is a skill I want him to have, whether I ever need it or not.

And yes, the one class I ran (hobbling all the way) that weekend was the run we needed for our PDCH. Nobody but me was getting that!
A friend of mine kept trying to pass his dog off on other people before his MACH run... he stresses out and it rubs off on the dog, so he figured if he Q'd in the morning, hand the dog off to somebody else for the second Q and be done with it, haha. None of us would do it though... we were like "no way, your dog, your MACH, your run!"
Part of me understands where he was coming from though!

I think the only person Auggie would run for would be his breeder or my mom. Payton right now doesn't even like anybody else to take his leash and hold him for me. =P It sure would be nice to have a dog who would run for just about anybody though! I've run sick, with a migraine, and gimpy after doing my own road race the day prior just because I think Auggie is so sensitive and attached to me, he wouldn't play nicely for anybody else the way he does for me. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog