Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Ahahaah, every summer I threaten to paint velvet into a zebra. Love the eventing pics!
Thanks! I miss having an event horse but I probably can't afford to trial anymore, anyway... sigh... and I don't bounce like I used to... double sigh...

That was white shoe polish (3 bottles worth). Sis and I made the mistake of being out of town on our 30th birthday. Our friends turned Rocket into a zebra and Ginger into an appaloosa. They also put a 'Ship to Busch Gardens' on the door of Rocket's stall. With friends like these...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 03-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Top Dog

I used to lease Billie, an appaloosa mare. Her owner recently moved and took Billie with her, but for the five years that I leased her I considered her "my"
horse.

and a video: bareback and bridleless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LPFb...e4AUAAAAAAATAA

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Bite me.

This is 24 year old Arabian gelding, mainly my daughter horse.

His name is Sierra.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
This is Neapolitano Maestina, or "Valor"

He is a 6 (7 next month) Lipizzan. I started him under saddle this winter, his final goal is some dressage work. He also works in hand quite a bit. He is also going grey.

Val in the fog.

I'm always admiring these guys on FB. I love them!
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm All Ears

We have Pecos and Renegade. (By we, I mean my dad and stepmom) They're both Walkers and geldings. I think Pecos is about 12-13? And Renegade is 4.

These are old pictures.

Pecos

Renegade (this is taken ages ago):

Old 03-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

Tristan is my boy. He'll be 16 next month (where does the time go?!). I originally got him when he was 3, and I was in college. The deal was that my trainer and I would work with him for a couple of years, and sell him for a profit so I'd have grad school money. *snort* I can't believe my father fell for that! He's a Hanoverian (Tambourin x Goya) who I got thinking I'd make him into my adult hunter. Sadly, he jumped like an anvil as a young horse, and we started doing dressage. He actually turned into an excellent jumper as he got older, but by then, I was hooked on dressage. He's a nightmare to keep eating, and after months of testing, caused my vet to finally throw his hands up in the air and declare him anorexic. He hovers around 75 lbs underweight now, after being as bad as 250 lbs under.

Before his issues started:

Where he tends to sit weight-wise these days:

The real equine love of my life (sorry, Trissy) was Boston. He was the horse I leased and showed through most of high school/early college. He was an elderly TB who had seen it all - raced, shown as a hunter, and then found his niche as an equitation horse. One of his early owners was Meredith Michaels, now Meredith Beerbaum, who has a few medals to her name He has a whole chapter in her book about the horses in her life. He took a bunch of kids to the finals, including placing in the ribbons at the Maclay finals at the Garden. He came to Vermont as a practice horse when his owner was in college, and after having (at the time) revolutionary colic surgery and pulling through, they left him there rather than bringing him back to a big show barn where he wouldn't get much turnout, etc. He took me from crossrails to the 3'3" hunters and eq, and was the finest horse I've ever known. The last time I saw him, he was 30 years old, and still doing small jumping lessons at a very well known barn on the east coast. I'm sure he's gone now, but I'm thrilled for him that he had such a good place to spend the last years of his life.

Most of my pictures of him are non-digital; this is one of the few I have scanned in.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Top Dog

I keep threatening/promising (depending on your POV) to get a nice welshie for my niece. I love them

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 03-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Top Dog

I love Bullseye. He's got your typical pony 'tude, but little did he know that I laugh at such antics. He'll flatten ears, give you the stinkeye, and allow you to rub his muzzle all day long. He tried to double-barrel my hubby (kick him with both back feet at same time), but then ran up to my 3-yr-old and do everything but throw himself down on the ground and roll over in an effort to get some love and attention.

He really is a well-behaved guy (and seeing as how I don't allow bad behavior to fly...), but he just does everything with that pony attitude. But oh how he loves kids! In all my life, I have never met a pony or horse that has such a desire to be around kids, watch them play, and allow them to pet all over him.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Kristen1980

I showed the pics to Cardyn and now she's begging me for a horse lol!!

Lovely horses everyone!

I enjoy and like Horses but am terrified of them up close
Old 03-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I love Bullseye. He's got your typical pony 'tude, but little did he know that I laugh at such antics. He'll flatten ears, give you the stinkeye, and allow you to rub his muzzle all day long. He tried to double-barrel my hubby (kick him with both back feet at same time), but then ran up to my 3-yr-old and do everything but throw himself down on the ground and roll over in an effort to get some love and attention.

He really is a well-behaved guy (and seeing as how I don't allow bad behavior to fly...), but he just does everything with that pony attitude. But oh how he loves kids! In all my life, I have never met a pony or horse that has such a desire to be around kids, watch them play, and allow them to pet all over him.
He reminds me of my friend's pony Dolly. They even look similar. Dolly was actually a free pony but has been a total gem for my friend's kids. I have never seen her treat them badly, even when they very much deserve it-lol. Is your guy an easy keeper? Dolly is SUPER easy. They bred her to a friend's pony stallion and never bothered to confirm the pregnancy but were certain that she was preggers based on her steady weight gain. Turns out it was a "food baby" and even a couple of handfuls of grain is too much for the pony-lol.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.