Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

You guys have some beautiful horses there.

Brisa De Heradera

Arabian

Pedigree includes some fabulous horses; Gallero, chavali, Faquih, Nagasaki, Nezabudka, Skipper Mac, Zancuo, Zalema, Ornis, Paita *, Bormi, Sacudir, Nevisca, Arax*, Napersnitsa, The Real McCoy, Farella, Nahr Neytar, Ro Sela.

2 weeks old...mother struck by lightening and she was bottle fed....a very sweet horse.

As a yearling

This is our house before I moved to Idaho. It's not far from where I live now. That's my son Brisa is kissing and his Dad holding a fly mask.

Brisa and Filinha, her half sister...double Galero grand daughters. Both heavily Spanish Arabians, some Polish, Egyptian too. Some of her back ground includes; Rabol, Abugam, Raseyn, Babolna, Abufaddan, Gamul, Skoronek*, Rayya, Pasb Durbar, Pasb Bona, Faddan, Fay UFA, Ameer Ali. Same sire as Brisa...Sandor, a gorgeous horse imported from Spain. The breeder who led me to these horses had Sandor.

I miss my girls. These were taken a while ago before I moved to Idaho when my kids were young. I don't have any better pictures of them...just VHS tapes. Filinha, the bay was particularly flashy and also super muscled/stocky. Some Quarter horse people would watch her training and said, "Not bad for an A-rab." LOL.

I don't have pictures scanned of my childhood horse.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Doberluv; 03-06-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Red, have you ever thought about driving? Its super fun and back friendly I took some top notch diving lessons years ago. They were awesome and it wasn't as easy as it looks even with an extensive riding background.
I've thought about it a little, but it seems like it's far easier to 'get into' horses through riding lessons, at least in this area. I'm also afraid taking driving lessons will just make me want to ride even more badly.

I'm not 100% sure my doctor would be on board with it, anyway. Falling is the danger for me--after having my spine fused, I'm not supposed to do anything fast or high up.

Perhaps when I've got more free time and disposable income I'll check it out. Where I live I can't even keep chickens, so I'd rather not become too attached to an animal that can't live close by. ;]
Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Top Dog

I couldn't dare ride anymore either Red. I too have had a back injury and it's just too risky, but I do feel a want to ride again sometimes. I rode from the time I was a very young child up until just a few years ago and it's hard when you feel a need to give something like that up. I might if I had a horse like a Rocky Mountain Pleasure horse. They tend to be very laid back and they rack on. (and no, I don't mean rock on, although they do that too. LOL) Love that smoooooth 5th gait.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Just wanted to share my other aunt's horses. My aunt that breeds/rescues, her husband went to Arizona to rescue a band of Mustangs that were being trapped inhumanely. He brought back about six I believe. One was given to my other aunt, and the rest they kept on their own and sold/adopted out to people.

My aunt that took one of the Mustangs bred her to another Mustang from the same band, and a paint Mustang (not sure if terms for colour are right). Here's the three of them together.

From right to left: Sierra is the mother to the two next to her. Not sure how old she is now. She is very shy, but such a good lady. Next to her, middle, is Sioux. Sioux is very spirited, and loves to test you by charging. She charged me once but after I stood my ground, we became good friends. To the left is Nakota, a very sweet gelding. He is much more beautiful in person, and such a character.

Here's another of Nakota <3

Sierra:

This is a horse they got a few years ago. I never knew him, but I was told he was, very unfortunately, struck by lightning (had no idea that this is as common as it is). I believe he was a QH/Mustang.

These are three of the horses I grew up with. Unfortunately, my aunt/uncle that breed/rescue do not have anything online. They have about 40 horses, breed Belgian Heavy Drafts, have Mustangs and Arabians, a POA, some Cobb ponies, and rescue just about anything that needs it. I wish I had photos, their horses are just beautiful. They have a GORGEOUS buckskin Mustang mare.

My Polyvore
Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Top Dog

I'll post pic when I am not on my phone tommorow.

We have three.
My grade gelding that's thirteenish Doug.
The bfs twenty something double registered paint pinto mare Morie. Was a show horse in her day but now a cranky mare who hates me.
Her trail replacement the almost three Hukk a Appaloosa gelding.

Bf is stuck on drafts. Wants a Clydesdale or a shire. I want smaller quarter horses now closer to the ground lol!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Kotah BEAR

Lovely horses yall!

Dekka - I am not a huge fan of white horses but HOLY COW Velvet is just stunning and gorgeous!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I've been missing horses so much lately. Josh and I have been talking about getting a horse once we move and are doing well. I already have a place to board one if I got one.. But that would mean I wouldn't be able to get a third dog so I need to think about what I would really want... Luckily we have plenty of time and in the meantime I'm actually trying to find a place out here to take lessons. Problem is majority of people out here ride English and I prefer western even though I know how to ride both. Ugh... I miss horses so much.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Mutts to you

Sis and I each have one horse and we take care of our neighbor's old QH. It works out, he has company and she lets us use her pastures.

This is Chance. He's my rescue Morgan gelding and we think he's in his early twenties.

Sis's Morgan gelding, Ethan. He's about sixteen and a big water baby. If he sees a hose, he's right in your face, asking to be sprayed.

This is Sparky, a QH, he's pushing 30. A woman down the road gave him to my neighbor after her husband was killed in a car accident. Sparky was his horse and she was afraid of him. Silly, really - Sparky's been a sweetheart since the first time we'd met him.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 03-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Top Dog

Here are my two girls.

I got Sunny in '02 as a resale project. the plan was to get her going under saddle and then sell her when I went to college in '05. A few different deals fell through with her, so I kept her until '08 when I found the PERFECT family for her. The family had purchased a few 'cheap' horses that weren't working out for their twin 12 year old girls. They knew a lady that had horses and grew up with my mom. They now take lessons from a girl I did 4H with, so when I go home I try to schedule a haircut so I can get an update on her. Last I hear (late Jan) was they were doing awesome.

Miss Nova I bought because she was a beautiful mover. She also had a nasty cut on her leg that needed some doctoring. Unfortunately, college got in the way and I didn't do much with her. She ended up going to the family that owned Sunny's sire with the understanding that if I ever ended up with another mare, I could get a free breeding to Beau. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Top Dog

Well, I just donated my boy to a program with a friend of mine in Northern VA, but he's still kind of "mine".

His name is Clyde, he's a '97 Welsh/Arab (best guess), 14.2hh. I've owned him since '04.. when I bought him, he looked like this:

Pretty bad!

Some better ones..

One of my senior pictures..