Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Default One Month ago today...

One month ago today, my fears came true. One month ago today, we said our final goodbyes to Rascal. My world came crashing down.

I miss you so ****ing much. It still hurts like hell that you aren't here. Every time I wake up in the morning, I miss how you would run up to the cage door to greet me good morning. I miss your half-coloured nose. I miss the way you'd ask to come out to drink from the dog's water dish, cause you hated that stupid water bottle. I miss our cuddles, I miss sitting down and feeding you baby food. I miss taking you out in the snow, and while you may be miserable, you'd put up with it for me. I miss your angry face when putting you in clothing. I miss you.

This month was quite "easy", in comparison to others I guess. I mean, there was no big life events. The next few months will be much harder First event without you, first Easter Bunny pictures without you, first birthday party without you....

You helped me grow up, buddy. You taught me so much. Because of you, I got involved with the rescue. You taught me how much love ferrets can give. It's because of you that Renegade, Rogue and Harley came to live with me. It's because of you that Kirk and Spock had a home to come to while waiting for foster care. It's because of you that other ferrets will be given the same chance. It's because of you that a 5 year old female ferret may be coming here, to wait for a forever foster placement. You gave all those ferrets that second chance in life. It was all you.

I wish you could have met more people. You changed many people's mind about ferrets. Made them realize that ferrets are NOT stupid, smelly animals. You showed them how much love a ferret can give. You showed them all that a ferret can do. You saved the lives of many ferrets, buddy. All by being yourself.

You wouldn't believe how many people said, "He taught you all he could, he wasn't needed anymore". They are wrong. I DID still need you. I DO still need you.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-04-2012, 01:30 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

(((((((hug))))))) I'm so sorry, Jess. I truly am.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Cloudcandy

:,( This was painfull to read.I cant imagine how much of a tough time this is for you but I hope it gets better.Rascal must miss you to

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 03-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

(((hugs))) I am so sorry, Jess. I wish there was something more I could say or do...

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I am so sorry, Jess

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Top Dog

(((hugs)))I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. That what you wrote sure does express how very special he was to you. And I know he was lucky to have had that time with you. I know that knowing him has enriched your life tremendously. You're lucky for that even though the cost is very dear. (((((hugs)))))
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson