Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Top Dog

I go through spells... I could not lurk in he sense of not joining or posting at all... It would drive me nuts when there was a thread that really struck me and I could not post at all...

For a while before I had the iPhone I rarely posted but lurked a lot, posting on my old phone was a trial in patience.. LOL! I can and do post more with the iPhone but it's still not as easy as typing out a response on a computer...

I will likely semi-lurk now and for the foreseeable future because I am crazy busy and 99% of my "online" time is on my phone.. I am almost never in front of an actual computer anymore...
Old 03-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Giant lurker here... This is actually the only forum I actively participate on right now. I lurk on a ton though.... You can just call me The Lurker, "always watching, always judging..."
Okay, this made me laugh
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 03-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Plus One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogKisses View Post
I lurk mostly. I read almost every thread (some of the fire hydrant stuff I don't bother with). But I read 99% of the dog related threads. I don't post in all of them because I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said.
This. Plus most of my Internet time is through my phone and I hate posting long responses on it so I end up not posting at all.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm All Ears

I lurk on a few forums, specifically breed specific forums.

I read most picture threads here too but don't have time to post on them all. I used to really try to but I just am too busy altely.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Top Dog

I tend to lurk on other forums. This one I participate on the most.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

I lurk some... I can quit anytime I want to

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 03-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Kristen1980

No I don't lurk. I go to my favorite sites, look around and post if something catches my eye but thats it. I refuse to make my laptop my life lol!!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Top Dog

I lurk on a few forums, but I'm usually a member as well. I like being able to sign in and go straight to new posts, instead of having to try to remember what I've already read.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Squishy face

I lurk a lot. I lurked on this forum for a good while before I actually decided to join it. I remember when I first discovered this forum, I was working the Information Desk at GMU and there was literally nothing to do but either read or surf the internet while you waited for the phone to ring or for someone to ask you a question. The first thread I read was one bashing CM (and back then I had liked him). Thus began my education!

I have joined some different dog forums, a few breed specific ones that I post dogs for adoption every now and then. I mostly lurk on those other forums because a lot of the time I just don't feel like I have anything to contribute to their conversations. I pretty much never post on Elpresa.com and the cane corso forum, since I don't breed, don't own the breed or do any of the protection sports they do, so I can't really "talk shop" with them. But I learn an awful lot!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:50 PM
orange iguanas.

I'm pretty good at lurking. This is the forum I'm most active on and honestly I don't think I post much here either.... at least, not compared to some of you!

I used to be active on some rat and hamster forums, but I no longer own rats or hamsters so that leaves me without much to contribute there. But I lurk!

Really it just mimics my offline personality lol I keep quiet unless I really have something to say.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013