Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question Are you a lurker?

I can't lurk... I mean, I don't often reply to threads I read, but I mean I couldn't visit a forum without joining it, and without at least posting one or 2 things.

I don't visit any other forum's any more particularly, but I couldn't just lurk without jumping in the mix.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Active Pup

I suppose I'm a semi-lurker. I normally tend to be when I first join a forum because I'm getting a feel for a new place and new people. One I feel more comfortable with everyone, then I tend to post more often and get more involved.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Top Dog

I lurk, a lot. I'm an almost constant internet surfer, if I joined every place I lurked, I think I would have a sheet of password long enough to fill a book! I'm just other wise to busy to actually join into every place I visit, and I feel the need that if I join somewhere, I really want to join to become a part of "the community", which is why I limit myself. I just don't feel comfortable posted a few piece of "advice" then leaving, I myself don't much care for the advice given by those types elsewhere. I use to lurk here a lot, till finally a topic came up that I just couldn't ignore any longer, but because I've lurked so much I did sort of have a feeling of community here, not to mention I've already known other members here from else where.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:24 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

I semi-lurk I guess. ^^ I post in the fire hydrant but I lurk through-out the rest of the forum most of the time.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Top Dog

I lurk more than anything lately.
This forum is way too busy for me to keep up with, its frustrating to join a discussion only to find that the next time I check the thread, it has gained 17 pages and I don’t know what everyone is talking about any more.

I think its great that its a busy forum though, don’t get me wrong. Just not easy for me to participate in a visible way
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 03-03-2012, 09:53 AM
<--------Orson

sometimes

If someone mentions or posts a certain forum that sounds cool I tend to go look around. For example, the other day Allie mentioned the long hair community in a thread here. I had never heard of them so I went to poke around. They look pretty cool and I browsed a few threads..........haven't decided if I want to commit to membership though, LOL I may, or I just might look stuff up (I bookmarked) when I have a question

Same with a soap making forum I really like. IDK.......I feel like if I actually join, it's a commitment, if I lurk then it isn't, LOL
Old 03-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Puppy Dog

Guilty lurker here. I post very seldom here, but I read a lot.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
I lurk more than anything lately.
This forum is way too busy for me to keep up with, its frustrating to join a discussion only to find that the next time I check the thread, it has gained 17 pages and I don’t know what everyone is talking about any more.

I think its great that its a busy forum though, don’t get me wrong. Just not easy for me to participate in a visible way
That is exactly how I feel! That is why I hesitated so much before join here, from the time I found this place, till when I did join, the population exploded, and I just couldn't keep up with everyone. Even back then, there were quite a lot more active members that I had seen elsewhere and preferred. There are some great advantages to it, oh I know, but something about "community" is lost on me when so many new faces drop in, and old ones drop out. That is why there are so many more places even now that I visit but have no desire to join, for the same reason, I gain some pretty valuable information from them, but am not a fan of ever changing crowds.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Durp Dog

I lurk mostly. I read almost every thread (some of the fire hydrant stuff I don't bother with). But I read 99% of the dog related threads. I don't post in all of them because I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Top Dog

Giant lurker here... This is actually the only forum I actively participate on right now. I lurk on a ton though.... You can just call me The Lurker, "always watching, always judging..."

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie