Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
It was a female.
I figured as much. Some women are way to eager to demean themselves to please a man.

TJ sounds like a stand up guy wanting you to be happy regardless of the outcome.

Quote:
And I like your hidden white text.
I am not above hitting a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 03-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I figured as much. Some women are way to eager to demean themselves to please a man.

TJ sounds like a stand up guy wanting you to be happy regardless of the outcome.

I am not above hitting a woman.
He is a great guy.

And neither am I. I will knock a bitch out.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 AM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
I will knock a bitch out.
Made me LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 03-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Made me LOL
lol
Old 03-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Four hours is not that far. Once your financially stable thats a weekend trip. To your dads or your bfs. It will work out. (((hugs))).
Agree - 4 hours is nothing.

My boyfriend lives 2 hours away and that's super duper easy (I've even driven to work from his before now). Another 2 hours on top of that would make it a planned trip, rather than a commute, but certainly not out of the question.

Leave the house at 5pm, arrive somewhere else 9pm - still time to unload and have food and chit chat before bed
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Behavior Nerd

Dak, this might sound harsh, but it strikes me that you're really limiting yourself in general by focusing so much on being super close to family. Right now it appears that you have 3 options: move home, stay where you are but where you hate being, or move halfway between, but what about the option of working through *why* you feel that you can't be further than x from your family and whether there is a way to grow that will allow you to be happy wherever you end up?

You're in a major transition stage of life - there are tons of emotions related to the transition of being on your own if you haven't been before and a major one ime is working through homesickness and how your relationship with your family changes once you're "an adult". If you don't do that now, you're constraining yourself to always living within x distance of your family, and that's ok for some, but down the road it may make things much more difficult.

I moved 500 miles away from my family for a job after college. I had lived 100 miles away all throughout college so the transition wasn't cold turkey, but I still cried when my parents pulled out of my driveway that first time and I felt sooooo alone. I had some things you don't right now (a life consuming job, a dog, a car), so that did make it much easier to stay busy and not dwell, but there were def moments I wished I wasn't 11 hours away from "home". Now though, I *love* being on my own with my husband, even 11 hours doesn't seem too long of a drive (less than a day! yay! lol), and I think my relationship with my mom has improved immensely because of the extra boundaries/space the distance creates. For me, it's given me much more confidence in myself to work *through* the discomfort instead of thinking it was black and white: either be with family and happy or be away from family and unhappy.

Only you know what's best for you, but please do consider if you have more grey area than you think! (and none of this is really related to your relationship with TJ btw, it's related to your relationship with *yourself*)

Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Dak... this sound totally unrelated but have you gone to a doctor at all about this? Talked to anyone? maybe it's chemical, emotional or hormonal. I'm NOT trying to be mean or anything but just reading your posts over the last couple of weeks it seems your emotions are all over the map. one week you were ready to have a baby with TJ and now this week you are ready to move away and leave the relationship all together. I just wonder if this is YOU or if this is something else going on with your body. I'd say it's worth looking in to if you can. To go from one extreme to the other in such a short amount of time makes me think there is something else going on with you than just being homesick (depression, hormones out of whack, etc)

Just an idea. if it's something you can "fix" maybe you can have your cake and eat it too so to speak lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Kotah BEAR

Tanya - I sent you a facebook message cause for some reason Chaz would not let me one for about 2 hours.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Kristen1980

Are you able to just pick up and go? Or do you have a job where your at etc..?