Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

Default Whiny thread

Blah.

My husband just called. He has to work late again. He's been doing 60+ hour work weeks in the office lately, because management decided to let half his team go but still commit to the same number of projects. I haven't had dinner with him in over 2 weeks, because he doesn't get home until 9:30 or later.

Saturdays he's home, but he's on his computer or his phone taking conference calls all day.

Friday night is our sacred "date night". He just called and said he won't make it home--that he could come home, but it would mean having to go into the office all day tomorrow and screwing up a lot of peoples' schedules. I told him to stay.

There is no such thing as overtime pay (salaried), he's not up for promotion this year, so there's no benefit to all this overtime...just a lot of penalties if he doesn't do it.

I'm grateful he has a well-paying job, grateful he comes home as soon as he can, and grateful that he's not a work-a-holic in any sense of the word. But it still sucks. I'm lonely

*cookie*
Old 03-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I'm sorry I definitely understand where you're coming from. Steven works thirteen hour shifts on the weekends, Friday - Sunday. Which are my only days off from MY job. So I don't really get to see him very much at all these days. :/
Old 03-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Resident fainting goat

Whine away

((HUGS)) I know it must be hard. Even with the logical side of you understanding it.. it still sucks!

Visiting him on his lunch breaks maybe? I know thats one thing, even though its short.. that people do who don't get to see eachother that often.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
I'm sorry I definitely understand where you're coming from. Steven works thirteen hour shifts on the weekends, Friday - Sunday. Which are my only days off from MY job. So I don't really get to see him very much at all these days. :/
Ugh, that sucks!!! I'm so grateful for our Sundays together. Only once since we've been married has he had to go in on a Sunday for work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Whine away

((HUGS)) I know it must be hard. Even with the logical side of you understanding it.. it still sucks!

Visiting him on his lunch breaks maybe? I know thats one thing, even though its short.. that people do who don't get to see eachother that often.
I love the idea of lunch break visits! When I'm off this summer, I'm totally going to take Lucy and meet him for lunch (he works in a very dog friendly area). Sadly right now, my lunch breaks are 30 minutes and we work about 20 minutes away from each other, so it's a no go. (Plus, I usually have lunch detention kiddos in my room during that time!)

He's optimistic that the workload should even out in a few weeks when they on-board the new employees. Hopefully he's right!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Top Dog

Whine away. We understand, only here it is MY job messing up our weekend plans together. Makes me wonder why I work all week long, for crappy pay to have to work on his weekends off.