Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Isn't that why you can create groups where only certain people can see what you post to that group.
It can control who sees what you post. There is also a feature on all picture albums/statuses that decides who can see picture albums/statuses you post specifically.
but there currently is no control on who sees what you like (pictures, groups etc..), comment on etc... Other than to block the person completely. and even then, not sure what the policy on that is about likes.

Either way, it's a confusing and annoying process that is IMO much easier solved by simply having two facebooks altogether. lol it's also peace of mind.. you don't have to "fix" (block certain groups, etc..) on everything you post or even worry about it showing up.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

If I don't want people to read things, I just block them. The director of my work sent me a friend request. I'll begrudgingly accept, but she'll be blocked from all non dog photos and any of my status updates.

I guess I have a thick enough skin that I don't give a rat's ass if anyone thinks I comment on too many dog things or post about dogs too much. They can remove me if it's bothersome.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Behavior Nerd

So glad I don't have annoying people who think they can tell me what I should post or do! I don't know how'd I'd be able to keep up with 2 fb pages - it's hard enough with one personal, one business, and one team page!

Old 03-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Cloudcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
You know there is a restricted list on facebook, right? All the nosy/negative people go in that list for a timeout if they don't behave lol
This is what I do!

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Top Dog

If you put someone on your 'restricted' list though... can they not see your status updates and everything else?

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
If you put someone on your 'restricted' list though... can they not see your status updates and everything else?
Yep! I've got some people blocked from my wall, my photos, etc. They basically are just friends with my profile picture.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:43 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Isn't that why you can create groups where only certain people can see what you post to that group.
Works for me, although sometimes I slip up and forget to select which groups I want to see lol OR I ask my Mom if she saw the picture I posted and she can't see it... hahaha

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 03-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
Yep! I've got some people blocked from my wall, my photos, etc. They basically are just friends with my profile picture.
Oh, see but I wouldn't really want that. I don't mind friends and family and stuff seeing my statuses, and I like them to see pics I post because it's a way of keeping in touch with them.

I just don't want ALL of my friends to see what I'm liking and posting on though on pages that they AREN'T also friends with or 'like' as well. That's just annoying. It used to be that, say, if me and my stepsister 'liked' the same page, then yeah, THEN she could see what I was posting to their wall. But now it's a page that *I* like and she doesn't and she can STILL see.

How annoying lol.

I don't know how much I like having two though. I guess it's kinda lame and hard to keep up with. But I'll see.

I didn't delete anyone from my original page yet, just in case I changed my mind haha.

Brit & Jackson