Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:48 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,003
Default

Are there any stables around? The barn where I used to work accepted volunteers. It was basically unpaid barn work, but it was a chance to be around horses. You could also contact the county 4-H and see if they could use volunteers. I don't know your money situation, but if there are barns in the area maybe you could share board?
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Are there any stables around? The barn where I used to work accepted volunteers. It was basically unpaid barn work, but it was a chance to be around horses. You could also contact the county 4-H and see if they could use volunteers. I don't know your money situation, but if there are barns in the area maybe you could share board?
Sadly the closest barn is 20-25 miles away and without a car, I can't go there. But once I get a car, I am DEFINITELY going there. I miss horses sooooooo bad.
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Bahamutt99's Avatar
Bahamutt99 Bahamutt99 is offline
Dafuq?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: High Ridge, MO
Posts: 2,365
Default

I only read the first page, so hopefully others gave you some good advice. All I can do is commiserate. I was in something very similar with my husband. He worked and paid the bills. I quit my job and moved where his employment was, ended up being pretty far from my family. I couldn't find a job, had nothing to do but stay home with the dogs. I actually had my dad living with me, but my mom and other important members of my family were way far away. I felt useless sitting home while he worked. My dogs were happy and well-worked, but it wasn't enough for me.

Long story short, he is now my ex-husband. I was so bitter and in denial about my situation that I took it out on him without realizing it. My thoughts are that maybe staying with him at the expense of what you want will eventually be what erodes your relationship away. I hope you are able to find a happy medium where you both benefit and become stronger.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lindsay
& the Gravity Dogs


Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
I only read the first page, so hopefully others gave you some good advice. All I can do is commiserate. I was in something very similar with my husband. He worked and paid the bills. I quit my job and moved where his employment was, ended up being pretty far from my family. I couldn't find a job, had nothing to do but stay home with the dogs. I actually had my dad living with me, but my mom and other important members of my family were way far away. I felt useless sitting home while he worked. My dogs were happy and well-worked, but it wasn't enough for me.

Long story short, he is now my ex-husband. I was so bitter and in denial about my situation that I took it out on him without realizing it. My thoughts are that maybe staying with him at the expense of what you want will eventually be what erodes your relationship away. I hope you are able to find a happy medium where you both benefit and become stronger.
Thank you and (((HUGS)))

I am so sorry that happened to you, but as long as you are happy now, that is all that matters.
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,003
Default

Is there any reason you and TJ can't go camping together? Maybe gathering things and planning for a camping trip would help...
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Is there any reason you and TJ can't go camping together? Maybe gathering things and planning for a camping trip would help...
If we had a car, absolutely.
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,737
Default

It can take quite some time to adjust. When I moved out here a few years ago, I knew essentially no one and it was extremely hard. Compound that by the horrid breakup I was attempting to deal with and yeah. I hated living out here. It was terrible.

But it got better.

You have to get out and find things to do. The job will come, make sure you are making a life for yourself independent of that.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Panzerotti's Avatar
Panzerotti Panzerotti is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 950
Default

That's a really tough call. The first thing that crossed my mind is that you really haven't been dating all that long. But, if you're really happy with him then you'll have to find a compromise. It could just be the crazy hormones, I've been there too. But, you don't want to find yourself bitter and unhappy 5 years down the road because you sacrificed what was important to you.

What if you tried moving with him back to your hometown? I know you said he's close with his family, but guys can be less sentimental about things so maybe he would adjust easier to being away?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
It can take quite some time to adjust. When I moved out here a few years ago, I knew essentially no one and it was extremely hard. Compound that by the horrid breakup I was attempting to deal with and yeah. I hated living out here. It was terrible.

But it got better.

You have to get out and find things to do. The job will come, make sure you are making a life for yourself independent of that.
Thanks. I am going tomorrow, when my friend comes and gets me, to look around for jobs and volunteer work.
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerotti View Post
That's a really tough call. The first thing that crossed my mind is that you really haven't been dating all that long. But, if you're really happy with him then you'll have to find a compromise. It could just be the crazy hormones, I've been there too. But, you don't want to find yourself bitter and unhappy 5 years down the road because you sacrificed what was important to you.

What if you tried moving with him back to your hometown? I know you said he's close with his family, but guys can be less sentimental about things so maybe he would adjust easier to being away?
We've talked about us moving up there to my hometown and we will just have to wait and see what happens when our lease is up here in May.
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site