Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Kristen1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
American Idol is only for a solo act, plus they are honestly terrible if you've ever read anything about their auditions. Those people you see on TV that are horrible? They already went through an audition and were put through just for laughs. Meanwhile really good singers get cut because it's not good TV. AI is not a talent show, it's entertainment.

The Voice so far is the only one of these shows that I believe does a really good job and only actually puts through people because they are good, not just because it will be "funny" to see the judge's reactions. But that's also only for solo acts...
Have you noticed only a few people have made it big since winning on American Idol i.d Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aikon (?) Taylor Swift... you never hear about the past winners or where they are, what their doing, they all kind of fade out after winning. Out of the 3 shows and 2 of them are for solo acts, The X Factor is your only bet..
Old 03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen1980 View Post
Have you noticed only a few people have made it big since winning on American Idol i.d Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aikon (?) Taylor Swift... you never hear about the past winners or where they are, what their doing, they all kind of fade out after winning. Out of the 3 shows and 2 of them are for solo acts, The X Factor is your only bet..
Clay Aiken didn't even win... Reuben Studdard was the winner of season 2. Clay was the runner up. Kelly Clarkson is really the only one who's made it big. Taylor Swift wasn't an AI person, you're probably thinking of Carrie Underwood.
Chris Daughtry is the most successful non-winner. Only Kelly and Carrie have sold more albums than Daughtry; he's sold more than all the other winners or runners up. He was in fifth place, too, not even runner up.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Top Dog

While I have to say I TOTALLY do not get the whole Bieber thing at all, I still am happy for you and the hopeful exposure you will get from this
Old 03-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

The Voice so far is the only one of these shows that I believe does a really good job and only actually puts through people because they are good, not just because it will be "funny" to see the judge's reactions. But that's also only for solo acts...
I believe you can have duets on The Voice. I've definitely seen duets audition.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
I believe you can have duets on The Voice. I've definitely seen duets audition.
Oooh, the website does say duets! Well there you go, LOL.

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Kristen1980

Quote:
Clay Aiken didn't even win... Reuben Studdard was the winner of season 2. Clay was the runner up. Kelly Clarkson is really the only one who's made it big. Taylor Swift wasn't an AI person, you're probably thinking of Carrie Underwood.
Chris Daughtry is the most successful non-winner. Only Kelly and Carrie have sold more albums than Daughtry; he's sold more than all the other winners or runners up. He was in fifth place, too, not even runner up.
Point being.. hardly anyone that wins or is runner up never makes it BIG. Taylor Swift wasn't a runner up? Thought she was... oh well her music is still way better than what the currently have and have had imho
Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen1980 View Post
Point being.. hardly anyone that wins or is runner up never makes it BIG. Taylor Swift wasn't a runner up? Thought she was... oh well her music is still way better than what the currently have and have had imho
Then why would you recommend she and her sister try out for AI... LOL. Like I said, it's really terrible and is just getting worse every year. They are probably leaving more and more talent behind as they try to keep getting in more "weird" and "funny" acts for the auditions. I mean, anybody remember the Pants on the Ground guy? He was TOO OLD to even participate. And yet they sent him through to Simon & Co. just so he could be on TV because it was funny... it's just gotten more and more apparent every year. Terrible. I keep crossing my fingers every year that it will die. That's why I wouldn't recommend trying out for AI. Even if you have talent... I just think it's almost pointless. You have to basically get the lucky roll of the die and hope they don't pass you up for some clown instead... and that just makes me mad for a supposed "singing contest" and insulted for all the good people they skip out on in the name of dumb entertainment for the audition episodes. I'm not even a singer and it just makes me mad LOL.
X-Factor and America's Got Talent are the same way though, they pass on good singers so they can put the funny and stupid stuff on TV. =/ That's honestly why I think The Voice is so unique. It's not a joke, it's a serious singing competition. The only people you ever see in front of the judges (on TV) are actually talented. Some more than others but nobody is put up there to be made a fool on television. I totally respect that.
That said the finalists from last season of The Voice have also disappeared. A LOT of these people just vanish after they win... I LOVE Michael Grimm from America's Got Talent - but what's he up to now? He's got an album out but it's not getting any real radio play... I think he has a tour but I'm not sure... but he is insanely talented. The very first time he got on that stage and sang I thought they might as well end the show and just hand him the prize right then and there. That's just how it goes. =/

And no, Taylor Swift was never on American Idol. You're either thinking Carrie Underwood or Kellie Pickler. Taylor Swift got "discovered" while singing in a bar or something in Nashville. The old fashioned way if you will LOL.

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
While I have to say I TOTALLY do not get the whole Bieber thing at all, I still am happy for you and the hopeful exposure you will get from this
This. Glad your day is going awesome.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Kristen1980

Quote:
Then why would you recommend she and her sister try out for AI... LOL.
You never know if you don't try And I didn't realize AI was a solo artist show, I just noticed that every winner fades away lol. I don't keep up with any of the singing shows.. obviously! I just hope she can audition for a show someday thats all

Last edited by Kristen1980; 03-01-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Kristen1980

Quote:
I LOVE Michael Grimm from America's Got Talent - but what's he up to now?
Is that the guy who won last year? I seriously do not watch any of these shows but I remember there was a little blonde hair girl Jackie Evancho and she sang opera type songs, Justin and I saw her last week at the Nokia Live Theater in downtown LA and she was incredibly GOOD!! I believe she is being more recognized for her talent more than he is.

This little girl..