Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Resident fainting goat

There is this little old lady that knits afghans on etsy.
and I saw a negative review like "SHE TOOK FOREVER TO MAKE IT! She sent updates during the process but COME ON!!"

... she is an old woman frikin hand knitting a giant blanket!!! WTF!!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Top Dog

You handled it well. It sucks that there are those out there like that. I had someone like that, which is why I quit selling on Ebay.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
There is this little old lady that knits afghans on etsy.
and I saw a negative review like "SHE TOOK FOREVER TO MAKE IT! She sent updates during the process but COME ON!!"

... she is an old woman frikin hand knitting a giant blanket!!! WTF!!
That person has clearly never knit ANYTHING. I have a hoodie I've been working on for a year. I can't imagine how long it would take me to make a blanket.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Felurian

Don't forget, YOU get to give CUSTOMER feedback!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
such sights to show you

Either this is an angry person who is never happy about anything, or they are a schemer who was trying to wrangle free stuff out of you. Either way, good riddance to bad rubbish.

And honestly, if ever chance to look through an Etsy seller's feedback and I see a gajillion positive reviews and one or two negative reviews - I assume the above to be true about the reviewers. You can't please everyone.

ETA: I'm astonished at the abuse I can only assume some sellers get there. A couple of times I've ordered some things that there were minor issues with - say, it took longer to ship than expected because of a reasonable explanation, or the seller had used a wrong picture so there was a minor variation in the color or something of what I would be getting. When those sellers messaged or emailed me, I could tell they were just sort of waiting for me to go ballistic, and then were extremely grateful that I didn't. Makes me wonder how some people treat them.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:25 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I did leave feedback lol

I was polite.

"I'm very sorry you weren't happy with your product. I assure you it is sterling silver but it's not unreasonable for me to require the item back before refunding your money. Sorry we couldn't come to a mutual agreement"

After this is all over I feel like emailing them just to tell them that it could have been resolved a lot easier and less painfully. I would have been willing to offer to pay for at least part of the shipping cost back to me had you come to me in a respectful and civil manner but because you lashed out in such an accusatory way I felt less inclined to go out of my way to help you.

something like that. I don't know if I will or not lol but I'm tempted. I just want them to know that their little tantrum cost them. lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Felurian

You absolutely leave feedback! Not only does it let her know her tantrum cost her (rather than getting her a freebie like I suspect she was looking for), but it can alert other sellers to the fact that she might not be a legit customer.

Put something in there about the absolute fact that the materials were exactly what was in the description and she received the exact item she chose from the photo.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian