Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

So today, because I don't learn to just put the dogs away, Payton did much better... until the very end, when you are basically just laying on the floor. And my shirt had come away from my pants so I'm laying there face up on the floor, eyes closed, just breathing and feeling the earth under my body and all that crunchy granola type stuff.
And POKE! With a cold nose, right on my belly.
And then I couldn't stop giggling LOL.

I LIKE doing this stuff, especially before bed. It's a really nice little workout to start, you move and stretch quite a bit, then it gets slower and very quiet at the end. I don't know if it will really help me sleep better, but I feel very nice and relaxed right now. Just very nice and dialed down, ready for bed I guess you could say. God I hope it helps me sleep better!

I'm going to take both DVDs with me to St. Louis (I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for agility) to put in my laptop and do some yoga in the hotel. I haven't tried the other one, it's an hour long of just stretching rather than flexibility like this one is, so I'll have to see how they compare. That DVD actually has three hour long workouts on it so I may try the other two at some point too. The stretching one is the one I was told to get and it just so happens to only come on a combo DVD now. We'll see!
I'm actually kind of excited LOL. Excited... for yoga...
I guess I should go buy my own yoga mat.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I'm going to take both DVDs with me to St. Louis (I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for agility) to put in my laptop and do some yoga in the hotel.
Hey, you will be in my city

Yes, I love doing yoga before bed, nice and relaxing but also very energizing.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I shall also mention that during one downward dog, Payton got underneath me, flung himself on his back, and proceeded to roll around on my yoga mat (I borrowed it from mom) staring up at me and making wookie noises and trying to mouth at my hands. That is not "doing the DVD" Payton. When I said "we are going to do the DVD!" I meant you would be like Auggie and go snuggle up in the crate for 30 minutes while I flail around on a yoga mat trying to twist my body in ways I'm pretty sure it was never meant to go.
Blaze does this, too, sometimes. It's way cute.

I do power yoga, too. It's great! I notice a difference in my body if I don't do it for a few days. I feel so much better, too, after a workout.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l