Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Top Dog

Default Show me your car set up

We had a thread a few months ago about cars, but no one shared pictures! (what is wrong with you all?)

So this time I want to SEE your crate/tether/storage, etc. set up in your car/van/truck for your doggie activities. And decals!

Do you leave everything in there all the time, are you still looking for a better set up/organization? Did you buy the vehicle with your set up in mind, or did you tailor it for your vehicle? What plans do you have to change/add/upgrade in the future?

We will excuse the stains and fur - or at least I will, since my car is always covered in both from the dogs.

AND GO.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

I wish I could participate. But I don't really have a set up

I have a Snoozer carseat in my back seat, that's about it.

Anything of his that I travel with - leashes, water bowls, etc usually ends up in my trunk or in a travel bag I bring with. Nothing exciting.

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Top Dog

I have a Scion xD and 90% of the time, the seats are down with a crate back there...and it looks like a pet store exploded. I have so much freaking crap back there it is ridiculous. I will get a picture.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Just try me..

My car is my set up lol.

I love my car, its sooo perfect. This is a picture from when I got it.

Its been the prefect size for shlepping people and dogs as well has horse equipment and food. However its still small enough to get great gas mileage.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I wish I could participate. But I don't really have a set up

I have a Snoozer carseat in my back seat, that's about it.

Anything of his that I travel with - leashes, water bowls, etc usually ends up in my trunk or in a travel bag I bring with. Nothing exciting.
YOU CAN STILL POST A PICTURE OF JAX IN HIS SEAT AND A GEAR BAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I have a Scion xD and 90% of the time, the seats are down with a crate back there...and it looks like a pet store exploded. I have so much freaking crap back there it is ridiculous. I will get a picture.
I know that feeling. Cleaned my car out today because I'm doing a re-haul and taking out seats and rearranging crates for more room, and found a few items I didn't even know I had (slip lead, clicker, ball, beer) in there... it is always an explosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
My car is my set up lol.

I love my car, its sooo perfect. This is a picture from when I got it.

Its been the prefect size for shlepping people and dogs as well has horse equipment and food. However its still small enough to get great gas mileage.

Wow, that looks awesome! Kia Soul?

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 10-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Big Dog

My current set up! I have this photo handy because it made me laugh. I originally had the wire kennel (for Dodger) on the right, and the crate on the left (for Dex). I switched them because I wanted the larger kennel behind the 2nd row seat. Poor Dodger just couldn't figure out why his kennel was so tiny I had to pull him out because he was certain it was the right spot, just.... tiny. Finally convinced him to go into the correct kennel on the left LOL.

The van came from another dog person, so it already had a custom built platform for the back to put the kennels on, as well as a custom fitted rubber mat for the area between the driver's seat and the kennels. My SO and sister often come with me places, so I did have to put one of the 2nd row seats back in. Still tons of space for gear!

Behind the kennels I keep their pop up crates for dog events, discs, extra leashes, my rain gear, more towels/blankets, a sun shade, some tennis balls and a chuck it, and dog treats. I have an x-pen next to the kennels, as well as a vent lock, extra clips/caribeaners/zip ties/clamps/etc.

We also have some sweet decals on the back! The van is also logo'd for work, so I covered that bit up.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:00 PM
The Monster.

My guys passed out hard after a show. Very high tech.

It's a small car but it's managed to transport 2 people and 4 dogs across the province without much fuss.

The exterior is unremarkable. It's just a white car with one large fuschia paw print on the trunk hatch.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 10-06-2014, 01:37 PM
orange iguanas.

We have no setup lol the whole car belongs to the dogs. I can't fit crates/don't really want my dogs crated in the car, so none of those. Basically in back there is a bed and blanket but I only banish them there when they're super dirty. There's a box of toys back there, a bag of food for training treats, my super long flirt pole is oddly bent and threatens to poke passengers in the eye... good times.

Front passenger seat usually holds my Discs/other toys. That's where the dogs sit.

I can get a picture of my mess after work lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Top Dog

I open door and dog jumps in lol! I drive a 05 explorer xlt or the extended cab f250. Have a beater zx2 but rare the dogs in it.

Not sure what the set up will be when we get #2. Likely will get crates.

Every car has a emergency leash and collar from times I've come across strays. Or maybe that's what I tell myself to make myself feel better about the mess lol!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 10-06-2014, 03:48 PM
& the Muttly Crew

No computer at the moment so no photos but until two weeks ago my setup was a variocage (Large double). But I sold it so now I am kind of in limbo land...

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13