Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Active Pup

Post advise on training street dogs?

i am in chile right now and fell in love with a dog in Pucon, a southern town. i want to return next week, and if she is up to it, take the dog with me. i have all the nececesary paperwork, etc to bring her back with me at the end of dec if all goes well. my next agenda is to fully prepare myself with all the possible information on training techniques, etc. does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle the situation? we will have the entire month together and i want to utilize it before returning to the states. it is a bit unusual and unique, so any ideas, cautions, and or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

I can actually think of some benefits of working with a street dog, over a dog which was ruined at home, and then given up to a shelter. This dog is probably not spoiled, yet! Hee-hee-hee!

Socialization with people could be a challenge. Can you give us some more specific information?

Reward the good, ignore the bad, and always remember to duck during the temper tantrums!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein

Here's to you, Jane Goodall. So much insight into the mind of a species from someone who's never trained a single chimp.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique
I can actually think of some benefits of working with a street dog, over a dog which was ruined at home, and then given up to a shelter. This dog is probably not spoiled, yet! Hee-hee-hee!
i second that

is this an older dog or a puppy?
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Active Pup

honestly at this point i dont have her. i went down for the weekend and now i have to finish my finals before i can go back. i wasnt sure it was such a good idea to try and bring her right away. i go back to find her next week (the town is tiny). right now iam just gathering info. but, she seems around 2 or 3, and one problem i know of right now is with cats. she just hates cats. we can start with that; but i will def. keep you updated. also, i donīt think she has been tainted against socializing yet, and there was no wierd behavior towards men either.