Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
You have Cougars in Alexandria? 0_o
Temporary ones. They seem to follow the rivers down from the mountains. And they probably aren't "natural" cougars, but rather escaped pets. I have also never seen one. But I have it from Fish and Wildlife that they exist.

When I first heard about it from my old landlord, I figured that he and his buddies were drunk and mistook a dog for a puma. Then a few weeks later I was walking Sarama and I ran into a guy from Fish and Wildlife, who told me to keep her on a short leash and only walk back there in daylight, because they were looking for a cougar in that stretch of woods. That was several years ago.

Not that long ago I heard that another one had been seen the area.

So we don't so much have cougars in Alexandria as they appear to visit us when they escape their previous homes. Everyone wants to move to the city!

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 PM
overdogged

Squirrels, groundhogs, possums, skunks (almost hit one the other night- that would have SUCKED), tons of deer (dangerous!), bunnies, the occasional fox. The occasional escaped cow on the road, too, which is really a bummer but probably doesn't count.

Lots of birds- snow geese, Canada geese, there's a blue heron that I see regularly on my commute to work, red tailed hawks, sharp shinned hawks, cooper's hawks.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Kotah BEAR

Around my house we have 2 pairs of bunnies, some ravens, all kinds of birds I see throughout the day, squirrels, a HUGE black coyote, a mating fox pair, and my favorite, a female bobcat. She's never caused any harm to anyone and just walks through the neighborhood of wear I live about 1-2 times every 2 weeks at night. She is gorgeous.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

Deer, coyotes, foxes, prairie dogs, hawks, herons, owls, etc.
A family of raccoons apparently bought an abandoned house down the street, too! I see them practically every night climbing out of the chimney or sorting through the garden.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

http://www1.dnr.wa.gov/nhp/refdesk/l...mal_ranks.html
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-02-2012, 06:56 PM
SevenSins

Tourists and prostitutes.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Top Dog

TONS of deer and squirrels. 1 Bear. Finch type birds and crows. TONS of coyotes that all howl together literally right in our backyard at night. I've seen 3 Bobcats. And some type of animal ate half of a deer and left the rest in my neighbor's drive way
Old 03-03-2012, 04:28 AM
Top Dog

Used to have lots of yummy deer and turkey. Then they chopped down our woods and now we have....... squirrels. Lol. Not even raccoons and opossums anymore really. All the wildlife run off.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortilla View Post
At home in Canada we have coyotes, deer, raccoons, skunks, squirrels, chipmunks, beavers, opossums and loads of rabbits. And I'm from the city (Toronto).

Here in the UK .. squirrels and foxes. And hedgehogs when it gets warmer.
I had no idea you were in the UK

Hedgehogs are declining rapidly. There used to be TONS when I was younger.. you rarely see them anymore
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein