Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Are you dead yet?

Default Nother BC thread

Have any of you had experience with planned parenthood?

I'm on my last week of my pills and really want to get more, rather than go through a horrible period while I'm here in ohio. There's a PP about 30 minutes away from us.

Has anyone visited the doctors in those clinics? Was the exam/scrip expensive? Money is super duper tight right now, so I'm just asking around before we actually make the trip out there.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Resident fainting goat

I went with a friend and had a great experience. The BC pills were for her, but I was there for moral support lol

The clinic was clean and nice, everybody there was friendly and knowledgable and it was very very inexpensive.
My friend explained that she didn't have a lot of $ and her parents didn't know she was getting BC pills and they really helped her out..

She also had a pap smear done I think..
either way, we had a great experience.

If we didn't get that kind of stuff on campus, I wouldn't hesitate to go to one.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 AM
Taxiderpy

A lot of the clinics charge on a sliding scale to make the pills more affordable.

If you plan on using pills from PP to prevent a baby vs. hormone regulation, check the expiration date! That is how we ended up with Samuel. IIRC, the same thing happened to Breeze with their PP as well.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

I've never had a problem with them. In my experience, they are inexpensive, very professional, and its possible to get an appointment on short notice.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Top Dog

I was thinking, what's that got to do with border collies?! Couldn't work it out

My Photos
Old 02-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Twin 2.0

I've never had an issue with them, though I just went to get the exam and a written prescription. My grocery store's pharmacy carried the generic version of what I was taking, so the pills only ran me $9 a month. They are usually very understanding and willing to work with payment options.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Very Food Agressive

Yep, they're awesome. And the one near me has the scrips for less than $30 without insurance which is super nice! My insurance doesn't even cover it that well.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Kristen1980

Same here, never had an issue.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Yes, it was often cheaper than insurance, even my good insurance at the firm, and the fact that they stopped giving me any kind of discount when I got a good job. The only reasons I don't still go there is that the paternalism (maternalism?) can get a little thick and that I got tired of having to be buzzed through blast doors to see a doctor. Oh, and the creepy protesters who sometimes hang out around PP and take pictures of people going in and cars parking there (see below).

Advice: do NOT go there to pick up BC on "abortion day". They'll tell you if you ask (or at least tell you what days are good to pick up BC) The protesters know what day the doctor is there to do abortions, and they will, at minimum, make you uncomfortable . . . the ones in Charlottesville actually scared me.

Probably better to leave appointments open for people who need to go there too.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Felurian

I always used PP. Way less expensive, far more efficient, and the nurse practitioners who did the exams were a vast improvement over doctors. For one thing, they didn't leave the instruments sitting where they'd be cold!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian