Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Wait wait wait...are you saying you can download a pokemon game as an ap for the Droid? Legally? *WANTS*
Yes, except for the legal part. ROMs are not legal to own and use UNLESS you also own a legitimate copy of the same game.

It's one of those "everyone does it but it's illegal" things. It's not legal. It's piracy.

ETA: Also BE CAREFUL FOR THE LOVE OF PETE when browsing ROM sites. Like many torrent sites and other "illegal items" sites they can be LOADED with spyware and other computer nasties. Proceed with caution!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I downloaded the emulator and the roms a long time ago for almost every Pokemon game. But then, I'm a huge nerd and I really do own (legitimate and legal) copies of all of them. I just don't have the gameboys to play them anymore
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
I downloaded the emulator and the roms a long time ago for almost every Pokemon game. But then, I'm a huge nerd and I really do own (legitimate and legal) copies of all of them. I just don't have the gameboys to play them anymore
Yup, me too. My Pokemon ROMs are all entirely legit. Dunno if that's cool or sad.

RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post
Go to the App Store (Market on droids), search for GBC A.D., download that app.

THEN

Do a google search for Pokemon (insert color/stone here) ROM then download a version you would like (might take a while to find one that will dl to your phone)

Go to your home screen, load GBC A.D. app, Find the file you DL'ed (should be in DL folder) then load and play!
SWEET!

It would be a legal ROM for me...I own all of the games, my Crystal and Gold games will just no longer save and my sisters lost my Silver, Ruby, Fire Red, and Leaf Green versions...*sigh* My Sapphire still works, but the internal clock is broken so "in game events that are real time will no longer take place". Whatever that means.

I think the only games I don't have are the newest versions, Emerald, and the original Blue and Red. LOL We have Diamond and Platinum, too.

ETA: I just realized how nerdy that sounded...

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 03-04-2012, 01:12 PM

Okay...how the heck do I get the ROM onto my SD card? I thought I had saved it to my phone, but it just keeps telling "no supported ROM files in this folder".

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly

Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM

And, on that note, I also decided to download what I needed to play it on my PC. I can get it to work (the game starts)...but I don't seem to have any buttons?! Can't play the game without buttons.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Top Dog

Kinda OT but can you play Pokemon Yellow on a PC?

I had my Pokemon epiphany about 3 years ago at my boring-ass Quiznos job, me and my co worker got it to up to a couple badges on gameboy color. It would be awesome if I could play my saved game on my PC.

ETA ahaha blackrose are you playing it from the physical gameboy game or did you download it?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Kinda OT but can you play Pokemon Yellow on a PC?

I had my Pokemon epiphany about 3 years ago at my boring-ass Quiznos job, me and my co worker got it to up to a couple badges on gameboy color. It would be awesome if I could play my saved game on my PC.

ETA ahaha blackrose are you playing it from the physical gameboy game or did you download it?
I downloaded it. I have a physical game boy, my games just don't work any longer.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Okay...how the heck do I get the ROM onto my SD card? I thought I had saved it to my phone, but it just keeps telling "no supported ROM files in this folder".
You need to find out what folder the software is looking for the ROMs in, and put the ROMs there.

Quote:
And, on that note, I also decided to download what I needed to play it on my PC. I can get it to work (the game starts)...but I don't seem to have any buttons?! Can't play the game without buttons.
You likely need to set the buttons to whichever buttons you intend to use. Some emulators try to use a gamepad automatically, others need you to manually set keys.

Emulation is not always easy.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Resident fainting goat

We should all get a group discount on these tats!!