Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 PM
The Littlest Hound

I am 27 and a few months ago I was chaperoning my kiddos' (that I work with) high school dance - I tried to walk out to grab one of the boys who was being dropped off with us, and the principal flung his arm out and said, "young lady, we're going to need you to stay in the building!"

I just looked at him, gestured up and down the side of my body and said, "cleverly disguised responsible adult. I'm 27."

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 02-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

Is it weird that I wanna see a pic of you now? lol

Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm All Ears

I was asked if I was 15 the other day when I went dress shopping. I have also been asked multiple times which high school I go to. I am 25....

When I was around 20-22 it was the worst. I took my little sisters to a hockey game and they were giving free hockey sticks to the kids under 13. I got one handed to me.

I was 21 and flying by myself and I got asked not once but twice where my parents were and if I was lost by airport employees.

I get carded all the time for alcohol but even worse, I get carded buying tickets for a rated R movie or trying to buy a MA rated video game. My 18 year old sister does not get carded as often.

I have been asked if my 13 year old sister and I are twins. I am 11 years older than her!

I could see people thinking I look around 20 now but 15!? Seriously?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

never been a problem. when i was 14 drinking age was 18 & i didn't get carded. when it turned 21 w/ grandfathering, i continued to go to the same places & never got carded. apparently i aged well, shaving the grey off seems to have kept people thinking i'm in my mid 30s.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Kotah BEAR

Also, those of us that get carded for buying alcohol or going to a club that are around my age or even older, when we hit 30 or 40 and we get carded cause we barely look 21 or so, we will get hit on all.the.time.

So I embrace it now cause later in life, it'll be so worth it
Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
Is it weird that I wanna see a pic of you now? lol
Behold:
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...1&postcount=32

I don't think I look like I'm in the 12-14 year old range, personally!
I am SUPER bad at guessing someone's age, so I just try to not make assumptions.

One of the vets at work always calls me "kiddo" too. That, or "little one." Maybe she doesn't actually know my name.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Behold:
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...1&postcount=32

I don't think I look like I'm in the 12-14 year old range, personally!
I am SUPER bad at guessing someone's age, so I just try to not make assumptions.

One of the vets at work always calls me "kiddo" too. That, or "little one." Maybe she doesn't actually know my name.
Personally I think you look 17-18-ish. I know you are 20 so don't take that the wrong way! But its better than 12 lol
Old 03-01-2012, 01:18 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

It's really weird - it completly depends on the situation. Sometimes people think I'm way younger, and other times people think I'm way older.

I got carded the other day while trying to buy beer. The legal age for buying beer is 16. So aparently I looked 15? Ugh. I totally don't have a puppy face anymore.

And other times, people think I'm much older. Thats usually when they get to know me though - like at work, or SO's friends never wanted to believe that I'm "only" 20. They always thought I'm 24 or something.

This summer is going to be the first summer where I can actually drink in the US. You know how weird it is to be allowed to buy beer and wine for about 4 years, and all of a sudden you are not allowed to.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

I started volunteering with an animal rescue when I was 14 - everyone always assumed I was much older, and were surprised when my mom had to drop me off because I couldn't drive yet lol.I've always acted older, so that might have something to do with it.

At my work, two customers have asked how old I was (in a "Are you old enough to be working here" way). However, one was angry and wanted to talk to a manager, and the other one was creepy. And wanted to ask me out. *shudder* I would have been 17 and 18 at the time.

And I was told for the first time last night that I have a young phone voice. I'm 20, and was told I sound 12.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

When I was in high school the seniors didn't believe I was a freshman. One of them said he would have guessed junior at the least... I know I always came off older than I really was online too. When I was 15 I hung out in a chat room every night, and everybody was always forgetting how old I really was and thought I was older. I think when I turned 20 everybody was like "wait what???"

I doubt if I went back and reminded people I'm almost 28 anybody would be all "OMG THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE." =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog