Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 PM
orange iguanas.

Default I can't look THAT young?!

Seriously, everywhere I go, people seem to think I'm a little kid.

I went to Home Depot one day and the cashier just looked at me and goes, "are you 12??" Um. No.
Or when we go out to eat and get asked if I need a kids menu. Nope.
Or when I bought a new phone + a car charger and the sales guy asks me, "do you actually drive??" Yes, I do. That's why I want a car charger.
Or when the mall Santa is handing out candy canes to all the children standing by, and he gives me one but none of the other adults get one. Thanks though, I guess.
Or when I go up to get a sample of Dr. Pepper at Costco and the guy giving them out asks me, "is your mom with you?"

Etc. Etc. Etc. And these are all recent events--the Costco one just happened yesterday. I'm almost 21 years old for God's sake!! I have an aversion to alcohol but when I turn 21, I can't wait to go to a liquor store/order a drink at a restaurant just to see the response I get.

I just don't get it. I know I'm short but otherwise I don't think I have the features of a CHILD lol. I guess someday I'll appreciate it?

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Kotah BEAR

I feel ya.
I turned 21 last month. I still get carded for cigs. Except at 2 gas stations in town that I've been going to for over a year.

Alcohol? Psh forget it. I went to buy some Smirnoff last week and the cashier threatened to call the cops on me cause he thought my ID was fake LOL
I look about 17, 18 on a good day lol.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Behavior Nerd

Same here - I'll be 27 in a few months and this summer someone thought I was "no older than 18". LOL I got offered kids menus until I was about 18.

DH used to worry about what people thought when they saw us out on dates because while we are the same age, he looks older by about 3-5 years and I look younger by about the same, so it could look like, at that time, a 25 year old with a 15 year old. o.O

People have always told me that I'll appreciate it when I'm older, but it's still annoying as all get out when it happens.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Top Dog

I'm 22, and two years ago, I got carded by the chick manning the desk at the movie theater to see Paranormal Activity. She said you have to be 17 to get in, and I said, "I'm older than that," she demanded to see my ID, and I showed it to her, and she thrust it back and said, in a super snotty voice, "It's supposed to be a real ID."

Why would I get a fake ID that said I was 20? Ridiculous.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

I'm nearly 26. I looked at old photos recently and by about 16 you can't tell the difference between them and now. I am constantly asked how old I am and often argued with when I say no, I am not "18 at the oldest"
Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Love My Mutt <3

LOL I had my boyfriend helping bartend at a party not terribly long ago... and some guy goes "what, did you guys just turn 18?". I'm 21... the boyfriend's 23...

Funny enough, though, I've only been IDed twice, once when I was out with people 6+ years older (and I had JUST turned 19) and once not too long ago, but I managed to talk them into believing I was over 18, cause it was the one time I didn't have my ID on me, since I'm never carded.

Heck, once when my grandmother was in the hospital, myself and my cousins boyfriend at the time ran out to get some drinks (we were allowed to drink there, it was a rough day ), and he got carded and I didn't. He was 14 years older than me

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Top Dog

It will get nice, in about 10 years, lol. I used to get soooo annoyed as well, but now when I get IDed at the liquor store, it really amuses me to watch their expression when they see that I'm 31.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Let it be

`I looked way older growing up. At 12 I looked 16. 16 onwards I still look 16. Today at emerg with Briggs the nurse that came to find me after his operation walked by me in the waiting room FIVE TIMES and finally went to leave and I asked who she was looking for. She said Briggs' mom. I told her that was me and she stared at me, mouth open like it could not be true.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Top Dog

I get it all the time, I'm 24.

I was pumping gas a few years ago and a lady walked up to me and asked me where my mom was LOL.

Trying to buy alcohol is always fun (luckily I don't drink so it doesn't happen often, but sometimes the fiance wants me to pick something up for him).. I want to be like "Seriously, who gets a fake ID that says they're 24?!"
Old 02-28-2012, 07:38 AM
such sights to show you

There are some pretty hefty fines for selling cigs/alcohol to anyone underage so lot of places have policies that they will card anyone who looks like they are under 30, or under 40, or just... anyone.

Having said that, I will also say that the older I get, the younger 20-somethings appear to me. I don't mean that in a "kids these days" kind of way, but that they literally appear younger to me than I remember looking at that age. I think it's just a perspective thing.