Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Top Dog

My hair is way too long right now--the back of it's almost touching my collar. I basically try to keep my hair cut like Ron Swanson's.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey08 View Post
I went through a LHC obsession for a while. But, honestly, at some point felt like my hair was long just to be long, so I've been back at BSL (funny!) for a few years now.
I got a kick out of the BSL thing, too.

I'll likely only grow it out to just below BSL again, but I may grow it longer, we'll see. LHC is useful in so many ways. Learning the pros and cons of henna, as well as varied hair care. CWC hair washing, for example, seems to make a lot of sense.

I also love all the hairstyle suggestions. I'm becoming such a girl.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Are you dead yet?

I'm growing my hair out a bit as well, but it's soooooo challenging to do shampoo-free cleansing. My ends are dry but my freaking scalp seems so oily because my hair is thin on top. If I don't cleanse daily, it looks super limp and the roots seem oily.

I condition the mids/ends heavily and try to only use my gentle, sulfate/paraben free shampoo on my scalp, but still I wish I had the right head to use conditioner only treatments.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Just try me..

I have thought about joining, I read them when Maf is over

My hair isn't super long, but its the longest its been in ages. I was doing SLS free but since doing low carb I need more 'bite' in my shampoo once a week. My hair and skin are MUCH more moisturized now that I am eating a good number of my calories in fat.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
I'm growing my hair out a bit as well, but it's soooooo challenging to do shampoo-free cleansing. My ends are dry but my freaking scalp seems so oily because my hair is thin on top. If I don't cleanse daily, it looks super limp and the roots seem oily.

I condition the mids/ends heavily and try to only use my gentle, sulfate/paraben free shampoo on my scalp, but still I wish I had the right head to use conditioner only treatments.
There is a "switch-over" period where your scalp is going to look disgusting, because it's so used to compensating for the oils that get stripped out by the shampoo, even the gentle stuffs. Give it about 2 weeks, keep your hair up or under a bandana or something, in braids and wash about every 4 days with the baking soda/vinegar. By the end of that, the roughest part will be over and you can figure out how often you need to clean your hair from there.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
There is a "switch-over" period where your scalp is going to look disgusting, because it's so used to compensating for the oils that get stripped out by the shampoo, even the gentle stuffs. Give it about 2 weeks, keep your hair up or under a bandana or something, in braids and wash about every 4 days with the baking soda/vinegar. By the end of that, the roughest part will be over and you can figure out how often you need to clean your hair from there.
That is good to know.

Do you just mix up a bunch of it in advance and keep it in the shower? Or do you make it to order every time?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I'm on LHC. I mostly lurk occasionally.

Back in college, my hair was 1/2 way down my back. I cut it to my chin. I was so upset about it, and vowed to never cut it short again!

Six years later, my hair is about an inch or two away from classic length. I LOVE long hair. I wear it down every day (it's curly) and couldn't imagine having short hair now that it's so long! I'm not sure how long I'm going to grow it. Classic was my goal but it should be longer than that by summertime.

ETA: I mostly do CO every 2-3 days(conditioner only- Burt's Bees) but I use SLS free (Burt's Bees as well) about once a week.

I use coconut oil and Mixed Chicks in my hair. Makes it so soft and easy to deal with!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Top Dog

I like shorter hair better for me, it makes me look younger, IMO. As a kid, my hair was always super long - like, often to my butt. It just irritates me now. Too much work, LOL. And I'm trying sooo hard to grow my bangs out. Well, they're not even really "bangs" (at least they're not supposed to be?) but I have so much damaged/broken hair from straightening and coloring, that it ended up making a lot of front pieces shorter than I want, haha.

Anyways most of the time I just prefer shorter-ish hair. I think it looks neater or something.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Felurian

Go to www.mehandi.com They have really good pics and recipes for getting the color you want on your base hair color The henna and several other organic dyes and treatments (like amla) do make a big difference in the strength of your hair. Last time I had mine trimmed it had been well over a year and I had NO split ends at all.

Mine's down below my shoulder blades now. I'm being encouraged to go at least waist length -- not that I really need any encouragement, lol.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Top Dog

I can't stand long hair. It gets stuck to things, sheds all over stuff, and is much harder to style than shorter hair. I try to keep mine just below my shoulders. Any longer than that and I look way too young and it's just a limp mess.