Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Wookie Collie

Default Growing my hair out again... and being a total nerd about it.

So, my hair was this long about a year ago...

...and it got even longer in the past year. Then I got it cut a month ago...

.... and, well, meh.

Within a week I missed the long locks. I missed how feminine they made me feel, how well my hair behaved, and how fun it was to play around with.

Fast forward to a few days ago when I finally joined the Long Hair Community forums I've lurked on for the past year or so, and I'm hooked to growing my hair back.

I also want to experiment with dying my hair with henna, as I never have. I've used chemical dyes for years and I have a terrible dry scalp, I'd be curious to see if the henna helps that and helps strengthen my hair. Also, messing with alternative hair care. I've stuck with wash-condition for so long, I'd like to play around with CWC and CO. We'll see!

Anyone else hair nerds? I think Maf is on LHC too...

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Heck no, I can't wait to get my hair cut. IT'S SO ANNOYING.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm trying to grow out my bangs. They are currently in that stage where I'm always in constant danger of going "OH JUST FORGET IT," grabbing my razor, and chopping them myself.

I've been thinking about henna dying too, ever since they discontinued my fave hair dye and I haven't been able to find one that is just subtle enough to work for me. But I'm terrified it will be too intense and I won't be able to fix it... =/

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-27-2012, 11:37 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Hmmm... did not know there were communities for long hair. LOL! Might have to check that out...

My hair is about waist length right now. Not the longest it's ever been, but getting close. I've donated twice and felt good about it, but this time I really want to grow it out. I wanna be Rapunzel.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Twin 2.0

I'm also growing my hair back out. I've gone shampoo-free over the past two months and my hair has never felt better!

Instead of using shampoo, mix 1 Tbsp of baking soda per 1 cup of water. Pour over and massage into scalp. Rinse, then using the same proportions, mix apple cider vinegar in water and rinse the ends. Follow with some light conditioner on the ends if needed to tame static.

My hair is growing a lot faster and has a lot more body since I've started doing that method.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I've been thinking about henna dying too, ever since they discontinued my fave hair dye and I haven't been able to find one that is just subtle enough to work for me. But I'm terrified it will be too intense and I won't be able to fix it... =/
That's my scare too. I'd like to do a strand test, but even that won't show exactly how the hair will turn out!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I'm also growing my hair back out. I've gone shampoo-free over the past two months and my hair has never felt better!

Instead of using shampoo, mix 1 Tbsp of baking soda per 1 cup of water. Pour over and massage into scalp. Rinse, then using the same proportions, mix apple cider vinegar in water and rinse the ends. Follow with some light conditioner on the ends if needed to tame static.

My hair is growing a lot faster and has a lot more body since I've started doing that method.
This is the kind of advice I've been looking for! Might have to give it a try. I've been trying to research dry shampoo, too, and have really gotten nowhere.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 AM
orange iguanas.

I'm trying to grow mine out a little bit. It's been shoulder-length for YEARS and I'm just looking for a change. If I straightened it, it would probably be the perfect length lol but nooo, I've got curls to deal with.

I don't want super long though. Armpit length, probably.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 AM
Top Dog

I went through a LHC obsession for a while. But, honestly, at some point felt like my hair was long just to be long, so I've been back at BSL (funny!) for a few years now.

I also went through an even longer phase of being really into skincare.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

Here I am! I'm in a silly last ditch effort to grow my hair out. It hasn't been long for YEARS. I've been growing out a mohawk since about a year ago, and I haven't had a cut-cut (minus trims) since July. I can put it up in a pretty decent pony tail, but I just don't feel as fierce as I used to with the longer hair.