Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Top Dog

Bailey is a pain in my arse if she knows I've taken Buzz out of the house. Buzz is sad but good. I used to do a lot of one dog on a mat while I work the other and it worked well for situations like that. Leaving the house seems like a whole 'nother problem!
ARCH URO1 UCD Buzz NAC NCC S-NJC O-TN-N TG-N WV-N RL2 RLVX RN ThD CGC
Old 02-27-2012, 06:47 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Chloe whines and bitches about it. She's okay as long as she can *see* me with the other dog (for example, she no longer cries if I'm in the kitchen with Cynder and she is delegated in the living room behind a baby gate), but if I leave her site with another dog she sits there and whines and cries and pouts like a little spoilt brat.

Cynder doesn't care and will wait patiently for me to come back.

With Rose and Blackie, if we took one and left the other the one left behind would cry for a bit, but then calm down later. Rose will now pitch a fit if she sees one of the other dogs getting ready to go for a walk and she can't come.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm All Ears

Yep, it's something I'm working on but it's slow going. (I posted a video of Mia being upset in the kennel while I was working Summer. When I lived with my family, if I was working with one of them, all the other four would be upset and barking.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Ozzy gets upset if he can hear me working Knox. That's it. I regularly leave two of them and take one. Ozzy gets a little bit more upset if I've got both Knox and Enzo. (I never leave Ozzy and Knox together)
Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Top Dog

Judge gets really whiney, he is a whiney dog anyway! lol But he settles very quickly after I leave. LoLa roo roos a couple times but then settles as soon as the door is shut. Hobie could care less.

Judge and LoLa are jealous of each other spending time with me, makes them GREAT in OB stuff!! But they can watch each other work with me and while you can tell that they are wanting to work, they are not carrying on.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:29 PM
orange iguanas.

Juno cares because she is with me ALL THE TIME. I work with her ALL THE TIME. So yeah it is a little concerning to her when I do something one-on-one with Lucy. She doesn't like, throw a temper tantrum or anything so it's really not a big deal, but I can tell she is like "wtf pay attention to MEEEE!"

Lucy couldn't care less but she has never gotten the same "kind" of attention Juno gets. And she is not attached to me, so that makes her really not care if I spend time with Juno.

I'm actually a little worried about when I get a puppy, since obviously I'll need to spend a lot of time with it... and I know it'll flip Juno's world upside down.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

If I leave the house with one dog, for a walk or something, the other three will HOWL and CRY and carry on if they're alone in the house. I can hear them all the way down the block until I'm out of sight. If there are other people in the house they'll sadly stare out of the window.

If I'm working on training with one they others are fine. I can have everybody in a down stay while I work one dog individually. Usually I'm training with Jack and I don't care what the others do, so they usually stay out of the way but close just in case I throw a treat their way or leave the room entirely uninterested.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Aw GUYS!! I wanted you to say this wasn't common!!! Lol

My problem is that I can't have a dog barking in an apartment building every time they are left behind!

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

In my house.... dear god. Its terrible. I once made the mistake of taking two dogs to training, and leaving one in the car without a crate- car interior destroyed. I went to an agility class once with two dogs- big mistake. The one in the crate SCREAMED the entire time I was running the other dog. My dogs get pretty jealous, but then again I've never really taken the time to work on it so I don't blame them.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Show Dog

Oh god can Pig carry on when it's not her turn! She's a little hellion. Every weekday I head out to work with my neighbour's dog and Pig pitches a fit. She's gotten much better, but she's still whiney when she realizes I'm leaving her behind.

I have to keep her crated while I work Bear, otherwise she constantly situates herself to be in front of him. It's like she's pushing him out of the way and saying "hey, look at how much better I can do that." She's quite the little brat, but we're working on that.

Bear is no where near as pushy. He'll occasionally act pouty if I fuss with the leashes and end up leaving him behind. "Pouty" for him is following me to the door with a sad face or looking mournfully out the window. He doesn't scream or whine like Pig. He also doesn't seem to care when I work Pig in front of him.