Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Is your dog more or less active than you
Way more 17 29.31%
Some what more 13 22.41%
Equal 13 22.41%
Some what less 4 6.90%
Way less 2 3.45%
Cheesecake 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Meg is pretty equal to me. Up for big bursts a few times a week ("Hey, let's go climb a mountain!"), but more than content to do a day or two lounging in between.

There is no human on the planet as active as Gusto, and I'm including 7 year old boys on soda and pixie sticks in that mix.

I'd say equal-ish. They have big bursts of energy where they'd outdo me hands down, but then they are pretty lazy. They take what I dish out to them and then I have to do extra exercise for myself. I think that evens us out really.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Just try me..

you know I keep reading the title "is your dog more or less or equally as attractive than you"

Old 02-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Kotah BEAR

I say cheesecake cause I have no dog.
I lose.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

I voted cheesecake because even at 12 years old, Bailey is more active than me if given the opportunity. I'm not a lazy bum but she's got way more get up and go than me! Buzz is quite content to spend the day sleeping but he absolutely loves going for walks! He likes to hike but can't handle more than 15-20 minutes these days. I suppose that's okay since he's almost 14 and all!
Puzzle Piece Gabby 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Chloe is about the same. She's as out of shape as I am (LOL) so not only can we manage to go about the same distance and speed, but she tunes her activity level to those around her. Want to play? So does she. Want to sleep? So does she. Want to go hike for the day? So does she. I love having a dog like that - I can do whatever I feel like doing with her and she's game, but she doesn't need that stimulation to be satisfied.

Cynder's about the same as Chloe, only she's more active indoors and less of a lazy bones.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm All Ears

Summer and I go about the same speed. We like to sleep in and lounge around the house but can go for a long while if we need to.

Mia is way way way way way more active than I am.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Professional Nerd

I have a Malinois puppy and I am not a meth addict. Enough said.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Lab Love

I'm pretty lazy. Duke is also pretty lazy. I think he is somewhat less active than I am though. Even though he does run around when he gets a wild hair up his butt, he really could sleep all day, every day. We'll go to the park, and he'll play with Boomer for perhaps 20 minutes. The rest of the walk he'll drag his feet behind me. In fact he drags his feet everywhere he goes..

I take him on walks anyways. But I don't go for walks on weekends unless Boomers' owner calls me. (and does every sat and sun, sigh...)

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

Definitely a lot more active than me. That's why I take him to the dog park so much - so he can get all his crazy runs out, and I can just stand around, LOL. Lazy lazy lazy, I know. Oh and then I also enjoy riding the four wheeler by the fence while he FLIES by at top speed, sprinting for 30 minutes, haha... that requires NO exercise on my part, so it's kind of nice.

But I'm trying to get better. I mean, of course, I walk with him and stuff, and occasionally I'll rollerblade or run with him, or do whatever. But I would say most of his hardcore exercise is done without any part of me.

Edit - I selected way more, but feel like maybe I should have selected some what more. Because he does enjoy sleeping in with me, and lounging around in the mornings and stuff....

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

My dogs are way more active than I am, but they also are ok just chilling when I am feeling particularly lazy.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?