Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Is your dog more or less active than you
Way more 17 29.31%
Some what more 13 22.41%
Equal 13 22.41%
Some what less 4 6.90%
Way less 2 3.45%
Cheesecake 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Top Dog

I answered "cheesecake"...because I want cheesecake.

My dogs are pretty much happy to do whatever I'm doing. If we're sleeping in until noon, and then spending the rest of the day watching TV on the couch...they will happily snooze the day away. If we're going hiking or going to the park or whatever, they'll run around to their heart's content.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Suzie is way less energetic then me. Granted, she is probably ten, and that is most likely the youngest she is, and she does have long black hair in Fl, so that could be a factor. In the winter, she at times is more active then me actually, so she's seasonal I guess
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakash View Post
In the winter, she at times is more active then me actually, so she's seasonal I guess
Frodo is also seasonal, though not very energetic in general. Getting him to do anything in the heat is just a fail.

In general Frodo is definitely a low energy guy. He will go out with me on nice strolls/hikes, but her certainly doesn't NEED it. He is content to sleep the day away, and on days that I start work with the rest of the world (8 or 9am) I have to lure him out of bed with treats to go to the bathroom

I am aiming for medium to medium-high energy for my next dog.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Big Dog

I answered way more. Dreizehn settles down VERY well but he could go all day long if I let him! I, on the other hand, am a rather lazy person lol. He keeps me healthy because I have to be able to keep up with him!

Dreizehn & Ruthless
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Puppy Dog

I picked cheesecake because it depends on the dog. Avdotya, loves running in the woods more than anything, but she is more than happy to sleep the day away as well. Chekhov is go go go all day long. If he gets adequate mental stimulation along with a bunch of exercise than he has an off switch.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:02 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I voted equal. Me and Chloe are both lazy for the most part but like to run around and have fun if someone else is game. Lol!!

Violet is more active than me, but It works cause I like to sit outside and throw stuff for her to chase, and she likes....chasing....stuff. XD

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM
orange iguanas.

Like, a trillion times more active.

I'd be content to lay on the couch all day. Not my dog.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Way, way more. If she doesn't get an hour of hard core exercise a day, she's a hard core pain in the butt when I'm trying to get work done in the evenings.
^ That's Riley ^

Whenever I walk with the older boys (Murph & Mick), they're constantly running ahead, running back to see why I'm so darned slow, running off to explore stuff in the woods, coming back to see if I've moved at all, taking off again to find squirrels, rabbits, deer... At home, however, they're content to snooze on the porch.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Top Dog

Meg is pretty equal to me. Up for big bursts a few times a week ("Hey, let's go climb a mountain!"), but more than content to do a day or two lounging in between.

There is no human on the planet as active as Gusto, and I'm including 7 year old boys on soda and pixie sticks in that mix.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

hmm good question. I've never really thought about it before. Teagan is pretty active, but she is a dog that is ok with just relaxing all day, but that does'nt mean we dont play fetch or tug through out the day.

So in saying that she is pretty active, but has a really good off switch, but she still does need stimulation throught out the day.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff