Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Is your dog more or less active than you
Way more 17 29.31%
Some what more 13 22.41%
Equal 13 22.41%
Some what less 4 6.90%
Way less 2 3.45%
Cheesecake 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 02:29 AM
SevenSins

Mmm, cheesecake. What were we talking about? Oh. I guess it depends on which dog. My SBT is a little bit like... Well, try to imagine what would happen if you rolled a crack rock in sugar, dropped it into your morning pot of coffee and then a tiny rhinoceros came along and lapped up the crackrocksugarygoodness. Bear with me. I promise, I didn't partake in the aforementioned beverage. Probably.

Anyhoo... On the other end of the spectrum, there is a large black slug in the living room who has, for all intents and purposes, become a sofa with eyes.

I am somewhere in between; although being a man...I'm not going to lie, most of my dogs are probably, a little more active than I am. But that's why tennis balls were invented.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:30 AM
Cloudcandy

I say less because when were not doing "coco" things ie.walking and playing then she sleeps,whilst I will be busy doing other things or out again.
When she spends a whole day with me she has to find a place to nap/sleep at some point.I guess that is part of being a puppy.
She's not lazy though,when she's going she goes!Just she doesn't have a problem with lying under the duvets until that time!

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 AM
BusterLove

Wayyy more. She makes me work.

Buster is about as active as me - he's such an easy going dog.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Puppy Dog

I chose cheesecake because my real answer depends on which dog.

Wiggles is a 3 year old chihuahua/dachshund mix and while he loves going for a walk, he is just as happy finding a bed or couch to snuggle up in to be lazy all day. He does have moments where he will have a burst of energy, but it is short lived. When he gets that burst of energy, he will run around in circles in the house like he is running laps (which always sends all of us into a fit of giggles), then he will jump up on the couch or ottoman and fall asleep for a few hours.

Molly is a 9 month old pitbull and that girl has a lot of energy. She requires two walks a day that last no less than 45 minutes each while carrying a weighted backpack. Immediately after her walk, she wants to go outside in the backyard to play and run around. There are times when she is extremely full of energy, my husband will put her harness on her and take her for a run while he is riding his bicycle. Even after running her like that, she still will go play and run around in the backyard afterwards. You can always tell when she has been sufficiently worn out because after she eats her dinner she will end up sleeping the rest of the evening and through the night. It take a lot of exercise to get her to that point though.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Blonde Raccoon

Waaaaaay less. Sally is almost thirteen, so she is understandably slowing down physically. Seamus is just lazy. I am extremely active and like to walk or jog for at least a couple hours a day, and he hides whenever he sees the leash. I wanted to get Seamus involved in dog sports but he had absolutely zero interest. He would prefer to sleep all day. My next dog will be a high-energy breed that can keep up with my active lifestyle.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Behavior Nerd

I picked cheesecake because my dogs just tend to adapt to what I'm doing - sometimes they are crazy active and hike 9 miles in the mountains happily, other times we spend 5 days straight only going out to potty and they're fine with that too! I love it!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
They're all more active than I am, but they all have good off switches and are easy to live with. They can go for hours, but none of them bug me for activity or exercise of any kind. They settle well, but are up and ready to go at a moment's notice. I like having high energy dogs, though... even if I'm not a go-go-go type of person. They keep me more active than I'd be otherwise, they're fun, and I just enjoy them.
That's my 3 in a nutshell! Can go, go, go, but will sleep almost all day if I let them.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Top Dog

Zuma and I are equally active, she goes everywhere with me. We both seem to have the same want and desire to hike and train. I'm sure she could go for a bit longer than me but she hasn't complained yet!

Classic and I are equally active when he's on his anxiety meds. Off of the them, he's nuts and never stops moving. I always think it's hilarious that my BC mix has a much better off-switch than my Great Dane.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

I first read this as 'less or equally attractive as you'

Jack and I are pretty equal energy-wise, he's a good running, biking, hiking, rollerblading partner but is just as content cuddling on the couch all day. Kyra is probably the most active dog we have, she is constantly on the go. When the other dogs are napping she's hoarding toys and throwing tennis balls at your feet.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 02-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

Way, way more. If she doesn't get an hour of hard core exercise a day, she's a hard core pain in the butt when I'm trying to get work done in the evenings.