Old 02-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I don't follow nascar. but out of curiosity I googled this Danica person
and all I gotta say is "DAMMNNNNNN"

Driving skills or no.
The girl CAN ROCK A BIKINI

So I raise my glass to you.. girl who can both drive race cars with the boys, and still rock a bikini with the girls lol
That's kind of my point though... LOL

If she was far more average looking, in my opinion, she'd not be where she is.....

I hope, I honestly do, that she proves that wrong... But that remains to be seen..

As of right now she has not even won a lower level race, and had one top 5, and four top tens in nearly 30 starts...

So while I hope she proves herself, it's my opinion she needs to do it on the track and not in a bikini....
Old 02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
That's kind of my point though... LOL

If she was far more average looking, in my opinion, she'd not be where she is.....

I hope, I honestly do, that she proves that wrong... But that remains to be seen..

As of right now she has not even won a lower level race, and had one top 5, and four top tens in nearly 30 starts...

So while I hope she proves herself, it's my opinion she needs to do it on the track and not in a bikini....
Athletes that are good looking getting special treatment/recognition from those that aren't?!
CAN IT BE?!

Oh wait.

heck IMO go for it if you've got it.
The shelf life of ANY athlete is RIDICULOUSLY short in most cases. You are in, you are out.
Make the money while you can.

And honestly, I would bet A LOT of money that if given the god-given good looks, nearly every other driver on that track (and in MOST other sports) would be soaking up the sponsorships just as Danica and all the others are.

Sour grapes IMO.

There is plenty of time around practice and being good at your given sport to pose for a few sponsorships and photo-shoots.
Not their fault that they were born ridiculously good looking and are getting paid for it lol

As for if they are actually TALENTED... who knows. maybe some , maybe not others. but that has little to do with how many photo shoots they do or how good they look in a bikin IMO
Old 02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Like I said, hope she proves me wrong...

NASCAR is a lot different than other sports, drivers can have extended careers..

I have no problem with her using her looks in some ways and don't actually blame her for the over saturation that's driving many of us insane... I blame the network...

It may be sour grapes for some, I can only give you my word Abd you'll have to take it or leave it... For me it's about a driver who has NOT YET proved herself being made into a star, when stats simply don't lie and she has not, in my opinion earned that status...

Anyhow, I am clearly not coming across the way I intended, for that I apoligise..
Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Kristen1980

I love Danica! I like the new commercial she is about the sandman.. he dumps a little on the girl and dumps a whole load on the boy and he starts dreaming of her LMAO!!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
...My favorite drivers are far from the ones who win every week...
Mine, too- I'm a Ford girl.

Quote:
...I like the guys who would race a golf cart if that's all their was, guys like the two Kenny's, Robby Gordon, Dave Blaney, my favorite for several years was Mikey...
If there wasn't a chance a Ford would win, I'd root for any of them, except for Robby Gordon. Even when he was driving a Ford I wouldn't root for him.

Quote:
...I do like Harvick and Smoke who are the most sucsessful of my favorites...
They've grown on me, too. Especially Smoke- once he got his temper under control. And especially since he got out of a Toyota.

Quote:
...I do think Jr is overrated and I was a fan of his Daddy...
The guy where I buy dog food & I have that conversation often- neither Junior nor Kyle Petty have the talent their Daddies did. I wasn't necessarily an Earnhardt fan, but was known to root for him on occasion (that Ford thing again).

Funny thing- we were quite the Dale house here for awhile- Hubby & I were Dale Jarrett fans, youngest son Dale Sr, and oldest son Dale Jr.

As for Danica- I like her personality, think she has a lot to learn in NASCAR, and she has talent. Some of those wrecks she was in last year were simply a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. And, yes, there has been WAY too much attention on her. Now, if she were driving a Ford, I just might be a fan. LOL
Old 02-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Uh, that's hardly me getting my "back up." But obviously all you wanted was me toos so sorry for "arguing" by disagreeing...

BTW Fran you're missing a picture of shirtless Tim Tebow... mmmm mm mm mmm.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog

Last edited by Beanie; 02-26-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Driving skills or no.
The girl CAN ROCK A BIKINI
WINNING!!!

I dont follow NASCAR, if it werent for the crashes I wouldnt even know what it is.

I had to Google Robby Gordon when I found out he was in the 2012 King of the Hammers race as to why it was a big deal. Ill take King of the Hammers over Daytona 500 every year. In NASCAR driving over another car is a bad thing, in KOH it is AWESOME!

ETA: Apparently Mr Gordon also runs the Paris Dakar Rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 02-27-2012, 06:27 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
...ETA: Apparently Mr Gordon also runs the Paris Dakar Rally.
Robby Gordon is one of those guys who will race anything that has wheels.