Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Let it be

Diapers - Pampers or cloth.
Formula - Briggs has used the walmart brand Parent's choice since I stopped breastfeeding at 6 months
Snacks - We will eat anything since eating solids
Baby Food - he's never eaten baby food. just normal food
Baby Toy - He has a slide in the house that he loves.
Baby Gadget - I own a lot of baby carriers. A stretchy wrap, a wovenwrap, a mei tai, two soft structured carriers and a ringsling. I love them all.

Why did you name your kid/s their names? I wasnt too stoked on it but it was the only name that didnt get taken off the list by the time he was born. After three weeks he needed a name so he became Briggs.
Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? He was born 3 days before his due date.
Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more? I'm pregnant with #2 and I'd like to have a 3rd in my late 20s.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Diapers - Pampers or cloth.
Formula - Briggs has used the walmart brand Parent's choice since I stopped breastfeeding at 6 months
Snacks - We will eat anything since eating solids
Baby Food - he's never eaten baby food. just normal food
Baby Toy - He has a slide in the house that he loves.
Baby Gadget - I own a lot of baby carriers. A stretchy wrap, a wovenwrap, a mei tai, two soft structured carriers and a ringsling. I love them all.

Why did you name your kid/s their names? I wasnt too stoked on it but it was the only name that didnt get taken off the list by the time he was born. After three weeks he needed a name so he became Briggs.
Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? He was born 3 days before his due date.
Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more? I'm pregnant with #2 and I'd like to have a 3rd in my late 20s.
Oh gosh I forgot you were preggo again! <3
So exciting. I will live through you until I get preggo lol

I can honestly say I've never even heard of the name Briggs until your little man. Its very unique and adorable.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:25 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I never used a carrier except for a very few times. I had that sling that was recalled (LONG after I got it and tried it) and I put it on and put Hannah in it one time for about 2 minutes and realized that I was just NOT comfortable with that thing. I never tried another sling after that.

I then tried one of those front carriers but I hated that thing lol. it made me overheat, I couldn't get it on with and get Hannah in it alone and it hurt my back. Hannah didn't like it much either.

She was a boppy baby. she was content to just hang out in the boppy pillow or if we were out she was in her carseat in the stroller facing me and she liked that. usually fell asleep... PLUS all the bonus storage space in the bottom of the stroller lol. We actually still use that stroller from time to time. It is one of those graco travel systems and the stroller is huge so we still use it when we go to Disney lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I never used a carrier except for a very few times. I had that sling that was recalled (LONG after I got it and tried it) and I put it on and put Hannah in it one time for about 2 minutes and realized that I was just NOT comfortable with that thing. I never tried another sling after that.

I then tried one of those front carriers but I hated that thing lol. it made me overheat, I couldn't get it on with and get Hannah in it alone and it hurt my back. Hannah didn't like it much either.

She was a boppy baby. she was content to just hang out in the boppy pillow or if we were out she was in her carseat in the stroller facing me and she liked that. usually fell asleep... PLUS all the bonus storage space in the bottom of the stroller lol. We actually still use that stroller from time to time. It is one of those graco travel systems and the stroller is huge so we still use it when we go to Disney lol.
I must invest in one of those super strollers when I have a baby lol

Can you post a link of the one you have?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Taxiderpy

Diapers Cloth mostly, I really love prefolds with snappi closures and wool covers. Fuzzibunz makes some good stuffable easy diapers though. I'll use disposables for trips out of the house though, and for that I like the Target brand. They're just cellulose inside with none of those weird chemicals, and they're really affordable.

Formula Mine are both breast fed.

Snacks When they're older I like making cheese quesadillas and cutting them into strips with scissors. It's pretty popular with the kids.

Baby Food
Doing home made food this time. My son LOVES blueberry/pear puree with cut oats. He also really likes avocado puree, it's supposed to have some really healthy fats for babies, and digestive enzymes too.

Baby Toy NARNY! Well, that's what my niece calls them. Those blankets with little heads on them? Samuel has a monkey one.

I've also been collecting nice wooden toys from garage sales for them to have and pass down to their kids some day. We've got a good selection. Both kids LOVE the wooden abacus.

Another favorite toy with both babies and the older kids is the "Bucky Ball", I think they are marketed under the name Skwish though. It is so flippin awesome. My friends have one they got as a baby toy and their kids are in high school now, it's still just as new and flexy and nice as the day they bought it. And their kids still play with it. lol

Baby Gadget These are for prefold cloth diapers, but they are sooo much easier than pins! So much easier! I <3 them!

I also got a Maclaren Triumph baby stroller. It's an umbrella stroller, but it's soooo nice. I couldn't find any that didn't kill my back because they were too short for me. This one is really easy to steer one handed if I'm walking a dog and pushing him at the same time. And it only weighs 11 lbs, which is super amazing. And I can open and collapse it one handed. It's seriously my favorite thing.

Why did you name your kid/s their names? Aurelia's name means "golden" or "borne upon the breeze". I was working as a plant tech at the time and one of my favorite kinds was a ming aralia, so we looked up the human name version of the word and really liked it. Her middle name is named after my grandma. Samuel was named after scriptural people (and*coughsamvimesfromdiscworldcough*), and his middle name is after our old neighbor who was an awesome awesome old doctor that did tons to establish healthcare for low income people in the area and won the surgeon general's award before he died.

Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? They were both a little late. My son had to be induced. If you are able to have painkillers and have to be induced...TAKE THEM.

Are you happy with how many kids you have now, or do you want more? Originally I wanted 3-5 children, but life happens and I think this is it for me.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

Oh I forgot about wool...LOVED using wool when they were little. I knit all kinds of pants and shorts for my guys. Wore them all the time as newborns and then at night for pjs. Sigh, so much fun
Old 02-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Top Dog

ooops, meant to start a new thread
Old 02-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Was your baby born on time, or was he/she born a little late or a little early? They were both a little late. My son had to be induced. If you are able to have painkillers and have to be induced...TAKE THEM.
I am surprised no one else has said anything about child birth lol
I will take your advice into STRONG consideration.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Top Dog

I was induced with my first....wish I hadnt allowed it as she wasnt ready. I did no epidural and made it 20+ hours before getting one (and then it was still another 10 before I had her...sigh). Induced labor is harder for sure but for me, I still did not want to add the risk of the epidural until I felt I absolutely had to.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
I had one of those as a baby and I was born in the late 80's! I can't believe they still make them!