Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagle View Post
Oh that's sad I do think beags are quite an 'acquired' taste. My beag is VERY busy and is usually disinterested in most people when we are out and about so she doesn't appear very affectionate when people pat her which can put people off. The qualities I love about her are often qualities others dislike in a dog.
Actually it's funny, what puts me off of the beagles I've met is that they are WAY TOO into me- ditching their owners to go jumping up on me, clawing my legs, howling for attention. It's very off-putting. When their owners allow them to be nuisance and I end up with ripped pants or scratched up legs, it's hard to enjoy them.
It sounds like I would much prefer your dog. I'm not one of those people who feels like every dog should be happy to meet me.
Please know I'm not putting down your breed. I've just somehow met the ones with owner problems.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Actually it's funny, what puts me off of the beagles I've met is that they are WAY TOO into me- ditching their owners to go jumping up on me, clawing my legs, howling for attention. It's very off-putting. When their owners allow them to be nuisance and I end up with ripped pants or scratched up legs, it's hard to enjoy them.
It sounds like I would much prefer your dog. I'm not one of those people who feels like every dog should be happy to meet me.
Please know I'm not putting down your breed. I've just somehow met the ones with owner problems.
Oh not at all, beagles aren't for everyone. It's funny, I don't really know many that would act like that, especially when out and about... like my beagle most I know are more interested in scenting than pats from other people. She does like the sound of her own voice though LOL
Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Big Dog

Well, I guess it's obvious but Irish Wolfhounds top my list. But I have a beagle x dachshund who is awesome, and was chosen as we were looking for a doxie to be a family dog. I tried taking home an adoptable beagle from my work (at a vet clinic at the time) who was adorable, and I'd have loved to keep her, but she wasn't particularly house trained and I wasn't in a position to deal with that at the time. I also fell in love with a senior basset hound at the clinic, and would be interested in trying one as a foster some day. Might be a breed I'd get into, but not really sure. My current foster (well foster-fail as I just adopted him) dog is a Treeing Walker Hound, and is a fantastic boy. I fostered another Walker just before him who was also wonderful.

I guess I just like hounds in general
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Dachshunds of course but I mostly prefer sight hounds. Whippets for example <3 99% sure that a whippet will be my next dog. I got my sister and a friend of mine hooked on them as well.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Active Pup

LOVE Australian Shepherds!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Big Dog

I WILL have a Ridgie one of these days haha, hopefully my next one.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppylove100123 View Post
not a hound
Old 04-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppylove100123 View Post
forgot, there are a bunch of aussie fans here so you're in good company
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 AM
Top Dog

Poitevin
Porcelaine
Billy
Foxhound
Harrier
Beagle
IW
Borzoi
LH Whippet
Petit Griffon Basset Vendeen
Wirehair Standard Dackshund:
They are superb hunters and absolutly,fearless.
Both my parents have one and both got boared,by a wild Pigs.They were lucky but didn't learrn,from it.

Last edited by golden&hovawart; 04-17-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 AM
~Lisa~

I love borzois, irish wolfhounds and salukis, But I doubt Ill ever own one.

Not much of a scent hound person. and this is coming from a scent hound owner lol. I only ave the beagle because he needed some one. And I was there to help. Id never get rid of him. love him to death. Sweetest funniest dog ever