Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Top Dog

Aivz, I'm not worrying too much. These things are often very treatable. It's just a big hassle. Thanks so much for all your vibes and prayers guys. I appreciate it a lot. It makes me feel better when there are others who care around me.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Love my pets

Sending vibes for good news.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

<< Vibes >>

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Ohhhh I'll be thinking about you <3 ****SUPERVIBES****
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Felurian

~~~~~vibes~~~~~~ Carrie.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Top Dog

Prayers your way!

I've had two squamous cell carcinomas. Both were found before I even turned 24. Looking back, I wasn't even that worried. They were removed along with extra surrounding tissue, new biopsies were done (of the remaining tissues), and a few chemo-type pills and I was back to my life. Now I realize how serious things could've been.

My mom's mom had melanoma. My mom has had a melanoma. And I've already had two carcinomas. Skin cancer is definitely a threat in my home. I'm still awful about sunscreen for myself (and I love the sun), but I'm an over-paranoid sunscreen slatherer with my boys.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by aivzdog View Post
Best of luck. Think positively. Dont worry yourself too much.
This! Hugs and vibes!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Wookie Collie

Lots of vibes! Cancer sucks whether it's major or minor. Hoping for the best news.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Prayers your way!

I've had two squamous cell carcinomas. Both were found before I even turned 24. Looking back, I wasn't even that worried. They were removed along with extra surrounding tissue, new biopsies were done (of the remaining tissues), and a few chemo-type pills and I was back to my life. Now I realize how serious things could've been.

My mom's mom had melanoma. My mom has had a melanoma. And I've already had two carcinomas. Skin cancer is definitely a threat in my home. I'm still awful about sunscreen for myself (and I love the sun), but I'm an over-paranoid sunscreen slatherer with my boys.
Mia, you've certainly been through the ringer. And your Mom too! Did they get to it early on in your Mom's and grandma's case? That one is particularly scary, isn't it. I'm glad your treatment was successful. Those things can be very serious, so yeah...sunscreen from now on for me. I've already done so much damage. And I have olive complexion....one of those people who, if I go out the first time or two in spring and spend too much time in the sun, I might burn. But once I get a layer of tan going, I could be out there all day long and I just got black. Very tan, very quickly and easily. They say, fair skinned people with light hair, blue eyes are so much more susceptible to skin cancer, but obviously, that is not always the case. This sun burning/tanning is accumlative so I'm a little late, but I guess using sun screen (even if it has it's own set of concerns) is better late than never again. The worries about the chemicals in sun screen I gather from the doctor should be less worrying than the sun's damaging effects. It's just more likely to get skin cancer than a cancer from sun screen. (apparently)

Thank you everyone for the nice vibes. I'm hopeful that it won't be too much trouble...this whatever it is.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Lots and lots of (((((((((((((((((((VIBES)))))))))))))))))))))) sent!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep