Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Original Twin

Pdubs, I have just a regular detachable shower head and it is awesome for washing dogs and reaches all the way to the bottom of the tub.

I'm in on the eurolead love, I need to get a black/brass one and my life will be complete.

I also have the clicker that Linds posted, haven't had much of a chance to use it yet, but I like the way it feels in my hand. I used to use one with a coil cord around my wrist, but it got "lost" too easily.

I'm also feeling the Dremel love as well as the Tug-a-Jug and Premier pouch love.

Personally, one of my favorite dog inventions is the martingale collar, so effing useful when you have a collar slipper.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Top Dog

I use a lot of the things listed already (Thundershirt, Yoghund, Hide-a-Squirrel...) but here are some others...

The Hol-ee Roller

It's so cute watching Tiffany push it around and try to get the treat out.

Outward Hound Pet-a-Roo carrier

I just got this. I'm planning on doing a charity walk with Tiffany but she's a bum and I know she'll get tired before the walk is over. So I like that I can fold this up and stick it in a purse or tote bag in case I need to carry her.

Pawdoodles Water Bottle Skunk

Cool idea for dogs who like playing with old empty water bottles. Tiffany however, for some reason, is terrified of water bottles so I took the bottle out and stuffed it with my old socks. She's totally crazy about it now that it has my old nasty sock smell in it.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Yeah LOVE the bag dispensers (the ones I have attach to whatever with a zip tie - I've had one on a leash for about 2 years now!), nice treat pouches, Tug-a-jugs, Dremels, Kongs, bully sticks, Wubbas, and string cheese, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
Personally, one of my favorite dog inventions is the martingale collar, so effing useful when you have a collar slipper.
YES to this! All of my dogs have multiple martingales. It's all I will use with them on walks/while we are out.

I also like long leads:

Buster Cubes:

ANTLERS:

And I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of any others right now

Loistava's Jari - 14 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 02-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Rosey is not a fan of the hide-a-squirrel. She doesn't dislike it, but she has other toys she loves more.

Bravo Buffalo treats. SHE LOVES THEM. They are small enough to use for training, low fat, and don't leave a mess in your pocket.

15 foot hands-free leash. As well as a flexi-lead.

Thinkers Salmon sticks. Stinks to the high heavens, but she says they are delicious.

Rain coat. I honestly never thought I'd put a coat on a dog, but I got this one as a hand-me down, and omg, she will go out in the rain.

Squeaky toys. Any of them. Not only great to get Rosey to play, but the squeak sounds like a baby rabbit in distress, so the ferrets come to it (natural instinct)

Oh yah and this poop bag holder I have, Allie gave it to me, and it attaches to the leash or your belt loop or whatever with a carabiner. The poop bags I have for it, smell wonderful too. Oh and unscented poop bags are great for freezing a weeks worth of kibble for the ferrets in

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
I also love the starmark clicker, but I especially love my wristband that I keep it on. Without it I drop my clicker ALL THE TIME.
You can use Wii wrist straps as clicker keepers! I'm not sure how they compare price wise to the sproingy ones though. I love them because you can cinch it down to not fall off your hand but the strap is still long enough to hit the center of my palm.

I also have a removable shower head that works great for washing dogs (or it would if they didn't insist on being bathed at the back of the tub ).

The ChuckIt is awesome.

The Manners Minder - WORTH EVERY PENNY. I don't use it as much as I could/should but it really helped us get Tipper's in crate barking under control. And I'm going to start using it for distance work soon I think.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Pdubs, I have just a regular detachable shower head and it is awesome for washing dogs and reaches all the way to the bottom of the tub...
Me, too. My husband bought one for the downstairs bathroom just for dog bathing.

Quote:
...I'm in on the eurolead love, I need to get a black/brass one and my life will be complete.
http://www.activedogs.com/product.php?id=68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
...I also have a removable shower head that works great for washing dogs (or it would if they didn't insist on being bathed at the back of the tub )...
Oh, that brings to mind another favorite gadget. I've had it so long that I just think of it as part of every day life.

I don't have an issue with Caleb staying in the tub, but this stops him from leaning over the edge. I use the noose from my original one, tho- it's more like a martingale. I stick the suction cup on the side of the tub, wash the front half, then turn Caleb around and do the other end.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

Not really a gadget but bully sticks are the greatest things ever:

And our 50 foot lead from petsmart that allows Tucker to run around safely and lets us practice recall:

My poop bag dispenser has a metal attachment that goes on my belt loop(it's not this dispenser but has this attachment):

I have the starmark clicker, though it was the first clicker I ever bought and it was $10. When I realized I could get clickers for $.99 I was rather bummed. I attached a hair tie to it so that I could put it on my wrist, works like a charm.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Active Pup

The WalkyDog bike leash. Just love it.

Long lines (I make my own out of paracord and spring-bolts).

Real-fur and sheepskin tug toys

Dog backpacks (so she can carry her own crap )

EarthDog tunnel liners (I built my own) - because it's fun.

Don't have one yet, but I really want a personal lure coursing machine: http://shop.wickedcoursing.com/1-ZippityDog-ZD2011.htm
Old 02-23-2012, 12:24 PM
overdogged

Chuck-it.
Hyperflite Jawz frisbees
Pet Botanics food roll from PetsMart = most of my training treats
iClick
Fido Fleece. Luce could not survive winter without hers!
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 02-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
The starmark clicker PRO deluxe (on dog.com for like $3) comes with wristband!

I have this clicker but its brown. I love it.