Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 AM
MyHorseMyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
People don't learn how to Waltz, when you find the person you love you will break out in dance like in disney films.
...Why does this not surprise me?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Those are both from my Dad along with "I'll GIVE you something to cry about!" Thanks Dad.
Was that not just the STUPIDEST remark ever? Mine said it to me a couple of times before it (and he) hit me and I told him if I didn't already have something to cry about I wouldn't be crying.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Was that not just the STUPIDEST remark ever? Mine said it to me a couple of times before it (and he) hit me and I told him if I didn't already have something to cry about I wouldn't be crying.
I know! It seemed perfectly obvious to me that I already HAD something to cry about. Lol. I assume that by the time I developed logic skills he found that flaw and stopped saying it.

(FTR my parents were not abusive - they spanked all of us but it was by no stretch a beating and it was always well deserved. And about 80% of the time I would cover my butt with my hands so it wasn't technically a spanking either. Lol.)

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

I can't really think of anything other than one thing my aunt told me

she said that if you unscrewed your belly button your bum would fall off lol. It always just made sense to me... seemed like belly buttons didn't serve any other purpose and they do kind of resemble a screw... seemed logical to me lol

but I can't think of any other ones.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

My dad told us the scar on his back he got from a war in the jungle where someone threw a spear in his back, and the mark on his shoulder was a bullet wound after going "back into battle". We all thought our dad was badass, though come to find out years later it was a scar from back surgery and just a weird birthmark on his shoulder. LOL

And my mom, not to be one upped by dad, told us she used to do pro-wrestling and she wrestled Hulk Hogan and won a big competition belt. But due to having kids, she had to give it and the belt up. She ended up eating that one as I shared it with my class in 1st Grade and the teacher called my mom. LOL
Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

as to Fran.. I lost my qoute somehow
I think my grandson will...maybe he will find someone like you.

(i think he already knows how to waltz)

I hid my fingers from my Mother for years when I had white marks in them. I totally believed her. Glad she didnt' tell me about the belly button bum thing, I would have totally believed that too.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

My mom told me to never talk to strange men because they would kidnap me like Mr. Mcgleech (or however you spell it) from that disney movie rescuers down under. Of course it was probably good advice but I'm STILL paranoid of any strange man in the grocery store or anywhere else really...

My grandpa told me that the flies in Wisconsin will go up your nose and lay eggs in your brain and kill you so when we visited I was terrified to breathe outside for a really long time. I'd hold my breath for a really long time then take a huge breath and hold it again lol!!!

Also once I told my sister that if you pet a cat backwards it would die. She believed me and cried because she'd pet our cats backward before. I didn't think she'd take it so seriously, I just didn't want her annoying the cats lol!

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Silence! I ban you!

**Reminds himself to not allow his daughters to create chaz accounts and respond to this thread**
Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Backward_Cinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
**Reminds himself to not allow his daughters to create chaz accounts and respond to this thread**
Eddie, I think you should tell your daughters they SHOULD do so... I'd love to hear the stuff you've told them! LOL
Old 02-22-2012, 12:24 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Now I want to know.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,