Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-22-2012, 09:45 AM
MIiA

Playing catch with my father. ****, he could throw a football!

My kids don't really do the male-bonding thing (obviously, as they're girls), so the tradition I have with them - and one I hope they will carry on with, with their future kids - is taking them for a drive for no other purpose than spending some one-on-one time (complete with hot-chocolate) and letting them talk about whatever's on their minds - whether it's boys, books, movies, what they want to do for vacation or anything else.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Lamb Chop's Play-along

Such a sassy little lamb.
YES I love lamb chops anyone know where to find the old episodes so Hannah can watch them? lol

I also love old board games from my childhood taht I can play with Hannah. Like Pop o matic trouble lol

Disney of course. I particularly like all the old cartoon shorts before the characters really talked when it was just music put to the cartoons I love those.

I sleep with a stuffed animal lol. I have to. Can't sleep without one. If I can't find him one night I have to go borrow one from hannah lol.

fingerpainting, crafts etc.

LOL there is a group of women from the homeschool co op that I sit and chat with each co op day and a couple of them are always saying that when their kids were younger they were never really the "fun" mom because they just weren't really into playing much but now that their kids are a bit older it's getting to be more fun.

I always say "I'm the opposite. I'm the fun mom now but that's only because I'm extremely immature. I worry about what happens when Hannah doesn't want to play with me anymore... what will I do then?" LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Eating oranges on the playground with all my siblings.

Going to the empty development and playing in the retention pond that was always partially full of water because they were stupid and decided to water it 24/7.

Going to the springs with my older siblings, and getting picked on by their friends. Sadly I don't see them that often anymore :/ My older siblings friends are some of my favorite people in the world.

Playdough. Nowadays children look at me funny when I say I love it, and when I say that I used to eat it (still do :P ) they are all shocked. Really? You've never eaten play dough? Your life needs improvement kid.

Climbing trees. I used to climb wayyy high up in trees, and now I'm too big and our new neighbors won't let me climb the tree that is in their yard, but we can get too. They think I'll fall. Psh.

Playing outside in the rain. Getting insanely dirty and throwing water at each other. And laughing. I pretty much miss my siblings :/

One thing that I think is awesome is the first time we visited my sister and her husbands house, they bombarded us with nerf guns that we got them for their wedding. We weren't stupid though, we brought ours and shot them back :P
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Mutts to you

Swings (and going as high as you can go)... Watching fireflies at night... Looking up at the stars and spinning around 'til you're dizzy... Homemade ice cream floats... Listening to my dad read; at 83, he still has the BEST reading voice I've ever heard. He and Mom bought those recordable books for the grandkids for Christmas - I want one!!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Visiting the farm, that is now sold. I had so many fond Memories. We used to ride the stubborn donkey all the time, playing in the barn, catching the wild barn cats and finding kittens, climbing bales, catching pigs.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Top Dog

My Little Pony! I still have all my old ponies from childhood. Not gonna lie, I take them out and brush their hair every now and then. The new series (Friendship is Magic) is soooooo well done and I suggest it to anyone I know who has daughters. The cast is pretty much all female, and unlike shows that are only about boys with one female (usually tomboyish) character, all the characters are different and show that there's no one right way to be a girl. You can be a tomboy, an artist, nurturing, serious, silly, etc...all of it is good. Aggh I am so obsessed. I'm also planning out an MLP costume for the next comic con I go to.

I like their costumes a lot...I want to be Fluttershy, the pink and yellow one on the right.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Kristen1980

My Little Pony

Strawberry Shortcake

Pound Puppies

Popples

Debbie Gibsons Electric Youth Perfume