Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Top Dog

Default Fun things from your childhood that you still love. :)

AKA Read This Thread When You're Too Freaked Out By The Other Thread to Get to Sleep. LOL

I loved the show The Letter People. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ9oKzApIeQ I think I only saw a couple of episodes, when I was REALLY little, before they took it off the air. I remember seeing my little sister in the hospital just after she was born, and Mom turned on The Letter People for me in the hospital room. I was 4, I barely remember it.

The Ladybug Picnic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8vUTm64h0 song still plays in my head sometimes when I have to count a lot.

I'm sure I have more, but that's a good start.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Backward_Cinderella

Reading Rainbow <3
My dogs, of course
Sitting next to my aunt popping chocolates and crochetting, while watching Jeopardy on TV on the weekends.
Weekend trips to my aunt's house with my cousin, still go to her house on the weekends when I get to visit home. Nothing like playing yahtzee with Aunt Carol and losing tremendously.
Scrabble. <3
Visits to the ranch.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Playdoh totally. Um, Hungry Hungry Hippos and Sorry for sure. Smashing pennies and rocks on the train tracks (I'm a terrible person I know).

Stuffed animals and figurines. I'm a hoarder of those. I'm going to try to stop collecting crap lol, but its not working yet.

Also the fifty cent machines. I'll still buy tattoos and stuff out of them lol
Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Forts!! Blanket forts are the best. Box forts, too.

Video games are still an obsession of mine. And fantasy books. These were, and are, my favourite ways to escape reality into something more exciting.

One of my favourite things to do when I was little was wrap myself in a thin bedsheet, and sit in front of an open window while it was chilly and stormy outside. I don't know why I loved this so much, but it was very calming for some reason. The chilly summer storms in the evenings, or fall storms were the best time for this, because it was cool, but not freezing. The sheet provided just enough warmth so I didn't shiver, but not enough so that I would get sleepy from heat. It's weird to explain, I don't know why it was so comforting, exactly. If it wasn't storming or cool, I'd grab a sheet and sit in front of a fan instead. I still like sitting on the balcony during a storm, when they happen here so rarely, and just getting lost in it. It takes me back to my childhood. It just makes me feel good.

Climbing trees and dirt hills. Or just going into the woods and walking around. I miss this from my childhood. My cousin and I were best friends and inseparable and this is what we could usually be found doing. We'd climb trees, climb big dirt hills, and just run around the woods all day. We'd come home for supper, take our baths, and watch cartoons before bed, or Dukes of Hazard, depending on how we felt. My time at my granny's house, with my cousins, is something I miss more than anything else in the world. Losing this was the absolute worst part about growing up and I get teary eyed thinking about it.
I wish I had more opportunities to do these things.

Old Nickelodeon shows from the 90s. And old Nick at Nite! I was obsessed with Nick at Nite; Lucy, Genie, Samantha, Mary Tyler Moore, Dick van Dyke, The Fonz, they were my friends when I stayed up late waiting for my mom to get home from work. I fell asleep to those shows.

My Polyvore
Old 02-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr;

Climbing trees and dirt hills. Or just going into the woods and walking around. I miss this from my childhood. My cousin and I were best friends and inseparable and this is what we could usually be found doing. We'd climb trees, climb big dirt hills, and just run around the woods all day. We'd come home for supper, take our baths, and watch cartoons before bed, or Dukes of Hazard, depending on how we felt. My time at my granny's house, with my cousins, is something I miss more than anything else in the world. Losing this was the absolute worst part about growing up and I get teary eyed thinking about it.
I wish I had more opportunities to do these things.

Old Nickelodeon shows from the 90s. And old Nick at Nite! I was obsessed with Nick at Nite; Lucy, Genie, Samantha, Mary Tyler Moore, Dick van Dyke, The Fonz, they were my friends when I stayed up late waiting for my mom to get home from work. I fell asleep to those shows.
This exactly, all of it except the dukes of hazard. Had a cousin who lived behind my house, we spent every waking moment together and basically lived in the woods. I miss all my cousins, that dirt road I grew up on, all of us playing outside on summer nights on my great grandparents acreage. I absolutely hate that I had to grow up.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:15 AM
Sport Model Pug

Lamb Chop's Play-along

Such a sassy little lamb.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Resident fainting goat

First and foremost of course,

Stuffed animals, I still have far too many as an adult lol

Blue dum dums (these were my special treat as a kid. Turn my whole mouth blue, crazy amount of sugar lol but I love em)

Peter Pan, loved that book since I was pretty little

In hair, on clothing, on shoes..

The original pokemon

Colorful printed silly socks

Animal hats

All things disney (world, movies)
Old 02-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

David the Gnome

Maya the Bee

Captain Caveman

That smell when you walk into your grandma's house and just KNOW dinner was going to rock. And going to work with my grandfather on the weekends . He was a maintence man and i got to see the inner workings of so many types of buildings.

I am torn about growing up though. I like the control i have over my life , but the responsibility is exhausting. I guess my childhood was a not all roses that i want to go back. It sucked living and being poor ( NOT that it was horrid or anything I DO have some great memories). Now that I see how hard it is to make it I do appreciate my mom more and understand why she worked 2 and 3 jobs.

anyway /ramble.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:33 AM
Top Dog

Having my grandpa teach me how to crochet with my fingers. He had big rough hands from being a farrier but he'd put his hands over mine and show me how to do it, again and again and again.

"Helping" my grandma do puzzles lol. I'd pick pieces up and try them somewhere then set them back down and she'd pick them up and put them in the proper place.

Playing Star Children with my cousins. It was a really awesome game involving time travel, cannons, pirates and space marauders. Seriously one of the best memories of my childhood but very depressing considering I don't talk to 2/3 of my cousins now.

Dancing on my other grandpa's feet. <3

Going hiking/hunting/fishing/to work with my Dad. Anything with my dad really.

Listening to my Mom read us books in the summertime. Baking cookies with my Mom.

Playing Boxcar children with my sister in the tree row in Nebraska.

I just realized I made a list of all the stuff I MISS from my childhood but don't really get to do anymore. But it makes me happy so I'm leaving it.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Blonde Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
Old Nickelodeon shows from the 90s. And old Nick at Nite!
THIS! Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold!, Ahh! Real Monsters, Doug, etc.

AND the original Pokemon! And shows like Johnny Bravo, Mummies Alive, Powerpuff Girls.

And some Canadian shows like Stickin' Around. I loved YTV. Does anyone remember PJ Katie's Farm?

Aww now I'm all nostalgic.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.