Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 02-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Lizmo is fieldstone now not breeding BCs?
Christine is still active in the sheepdog world.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Active Pup

I've heard a lot about Fieldstone Border Collies. Do they have a website? I couldn't find any contact information. If anyone has any information on them, I'd appreciate it!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Let it be

I've heard great things too. I'm glad to know she is still involved in sheepdogs.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyD View Post
I've heard a lot about Fieldstone Border Collies. Do they have a website? I couldn't find any contact information. If anyone has any information on them, I'd appreciate it!
Blaze is a Fieldstone dog.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Blaze is a Fieldstone dog.
How did you come by him? I would be very interested in a Fieldstone dog.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Merlie Girlie!

First of all, I'm happy you are looking into the performance vs show debate, because you will have to choose between the two.
+ Right off the bat, I will say that if you want a performance puppy, I'd stick with either a performance or working breeder. This eliminates Jule Too right off the bat. Look at the performance records of the puppies from these breeding programs - who is doing well in agility, and at what level?
+ Plum Ridge is a giant No in my book. She has over thirty dogs, possibly more but no one really knows anymore. Anyone that resorts to Puppyfind to sell puppies is a big turn off in my book!
+ I second a recommendation of Creekside. They are very picky on where their puppies go, and they will make excellent herding dogs.
+ Ignited Border Collies has a small amount of breeding dogs (some co-owned) and they follow a raw food, limited vaccine protocol. The breeder is very knowledgeable and has produced some great dogs. They are the very first breeders that come to mind when I think of limited vaccinations/raw feeding.
+ Also look into Orion, Powertripp and Painted Stars.
+ My personal favorite breeder (and who I may get my next dog from) is Contact Point Border Collies. They document every breeding online with offspring performance results, maintain a very small number of dogs, and I've been to their facility personally several times.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:12 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandog View Post
+ Ignited Border Collies has a small amount of breeding dogs (some co-owned) and they follow a raw food, limited vaccine protocol. The breeder is very knowledgeable and has produced some great dogs. They are the very first breeders that come to mind when I think of limited vaccinations/raw feeding.
+ Also look into Orion, Powertripp and Painted Stars.
This kind of made me chuckle because the puppy I am waiting on (hopefully to be born at the beginning of May) is an Ignited/Orion girly being bred to a dog from Powertripp (though of Hollowshot breeding). One of that Powertripp's dog's daughters out of a Painted Star Farms bitch is heading to The World Agility Championships in May. I am so excited for this puppy!

Also, I'd add Quicksilver.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:24 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
This kind of made me chuckle because the puppy I am waiting on (hopefully to be born at the beginning of May) is an Ignited/Orion girly being bred to a dog from Powertripp (though of Hollowshot breeding). One of that Powertripp's dog's daughters out of a Painted Star Farms bitch is heading to The World Agility Championships in May. I am so excited for this puppy!

Also, I'd add Quicksilver.
That's funny because I was on the Orion site a week or so ago and saw Steve. I was like hey... I know that dog!

Oh god don't post more breeders I am having such bad puppy fever lately and am itching for another BC. I have been going through tons of breeder websites and am barely holding back lol. This thread is DANGEROUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Resident fainting goat

Just poppin in to ruin your day

hehe

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:00 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Just poppin in to ruin your day

hehe
....... Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.