Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-21-2012, 12:54 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Default Things from your childhood that still creep you out?

When I was little, I slept in the bed with my mom because my sisters each got their own rooms, and there wasn't an extra for me. She'd always watch Unsolved Mysteries late at night while I was falling asleep. What would happen is that I'd fall asleep to the music, and wake up groggily during the show and catch glimpses, and it was usually the alien episodes because that's what my mom seemed to love. I have a LOT of nightmares about alien abduction as a result of this.

ANYWHO, I just hit play on an unnamed crime show on this youtube channel. Immediately, the music from Unsolved Mysteries begins to play. My insides turned into a knot, a shiver ran through me and I died a little inside. I let it play and as soon as I heard Robert Stack's voice, I started looking around my room and at my window, which I do when I get unnecessarily terrified and anxious.

Just the SOUND of the man's voice and the music almost sent me into a panic attack of fear!

My Polyvore
Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Oh God. I too know the terror of Unsolved Mysteries. My granny LOVED it, and when we'd stay at her house we'd watch that and Jerry Springer and Divorce Court. Ugh.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Oh God. I too know the terror of Unsolved Mysteries. My granny LOVED it, and when we'd stay at her house we'd watch that and Jerry Springer and Divorce Court. Ugh.
I don't know how that show did it, but I have never in my obsession with murder shows found another that is as creepy as that one. Maybe it's Robert Stack's voice and the music, maybe that's what makes it so creepy. The re-enactments were always really creepy too for whatever reason. Then of course the stories themselves, especially the ones I'm watching, always tend to be very creepy.

My Polyvore
Old 02-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Taxiderpy

When I was a kid, I used to stay up late reading. One time I was reading an old book about birds, and turned the page. It was a HUGE black and white closeup of a shoebill stork. It sounds totally lame, but it really freaked me out. I still get freaked out thinking of it.

This is color and all, but still. URGH! The creature of nightmares.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Backward_Cinderella

This is gonna sound ridiculous... But Lord Voldemort on the back of Professor Quirrell's head scared the sh*t out of me and still does (I was closing in on teenage years when the movie came out, but it still scares me LoL)
Old 02-21-2012, 04:28 AM
Wookie Collie

This exact Sesame Street skit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yiqGtZXCmQ

To this day it weirds me out to watch it just because of how terrified I was of it as a kid. I adored Sesame Street and watched it daily... but as soon as I heard the music at the beginning of this skit, I would rush over to the kitchen and stay there until I heard the music again at the end.

To this day I have a horrid, gut-wrenching fear of inanimate objects coming to life, and I seriously think it started with Sesame Street. Crazy, no? Art least the YouTube comments make me feel better. I clearly wasn't the only one who thought this was freaky as all hell.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 AM
*Now with Snark*

Remember these things? As a kid I had to walk home several miles from the bus stop alone on one lane winding roads which would squeek in the wind and make the same noises as these things. It weirded me out. Happily my imaginary phobias are still imaginary.

Also ... this scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zail7Gdqro
Old 02-21-2012, 05:27 AM
Top Dog

I shared a room with my brother for a few years and one year for christmas I got this doll named drowsy. For some reason my brother and I were afraid of this doll and we would always turn her to face the wall at night so she wouldn't stare at us while we slept. One day we decided to get rid of her and bury her behind the house. About a week later she was back in our room! Dad had somehow found her and thought I lost her.
We finally confessed how we hated her and dad burnt her in the trash barrel for us and even brought us to watch her ashes being thrown into the town dump.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:04 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaJD View Post
I shared a room with my brother for a few years and one year for christmas I got this doll named drowsy. For some reason my brother and I were afraid of this doll and we would always turn her to face the wall at night so she wouldn't stare at us while we slept. One day we decided to get rid of her and bury her behind the house. About a week later she was back in our room! Dad had somehow found her and thought I lost her.
We finally confessed how we hated her and dad burnt her in the trash barrel for us and even brought us to watch her ashes being thrown into the town dump.
Dolls creep me out, but my grandmothers both forced them on me at least once a year. I don't know how people collect them, I mean houses just full of them...those eyes, I cannot.

My Polyvore
Old 02-21-2012, 11:04 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Snow White. When the queen turns into the old lady. I used to love the movie, but once we were in Wal-Mart when I was really little, and it was playing on the TVs, and the scene where she turns into the old lady was on, and I SCREAMED bloody murder right in the store. I still hate that movie.

Twister was the very first movie I saw in theaters, and I'm really scared of tornadoes.

When I was pretty young, like 12, I saw The Ring with my cousins, and my older cousin rewound and PAUSED IT on that dead girl in the closet. I still see that face when I close my eyes at night sometimes...

i'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of for now.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)