Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Random things you like.

I really wanted to make this thread lol I have recently come across random items that just.. in all our simplicity/oddity/awesomeness have just gone above and beyond and made me want to write a stellar amazon review or write a letter to it's creator like "thanks for being awesome.."

anyway lol join in! Share the product, where to get it and other goodies

1. Zebra Sarasa pens.

You can get them off amazon (I have the 0.7)

http://www.amazon.com/Zebras-Retract...787507&sr=1-57

I have forever searched for my "perfect pen".. maybe have come and gone.. but these are just.. PERFECT
They write smoothly, come in all kinds of colors, the gel is strong without being gross and making ink blots or leaking through the page.

Just awesome. awesome.
and they are clicky so you don't lose the cap.

2. Pillow pet
admittedly, I got this as kind of a gag-gift. and used it one night on a whim and well. I am kind of love with the **** thing

The pillow pet for those who don't know
is this (I have the unicorn as pictured but they come in all kinds of animals)

It's a pillow folded out but can be velcroed to be kind of a stuffed animal looking thing.
I have found that folded it's great for neck support and shoving in bags for travel..
and folded out it's such a great pillow! The stomach of the whole thing is really soft and awesome

3. Camelbak water bottles.
Well for starters I saw these pricey water bottles all over campus, which of course made me assume that they were stupid.

Well, I tried one. and frankly, believe the hype.
I dunno what it is about the whole bite down straw kind of I dunno technology nozzle.. but I drink SO MUCH WATER now!

Easy to clean, great to drink out of, keeps water cool, can last through anything (drop the darn thing all the time) and isn't HUGE so awkward to hold when drinking

GO!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

I really love animal hats. Not the kinds with the faces on them, but the kinds that Spirit Hoods makes. Those are too costly for me, but I wish I could afford one. Instead I ordered a really nice one on sale from KarmaLoop. Whenever I feel like I need to be warm, but also be a wolf, I can. LOL

I love trunks, and small trunk boxes. I have a small trunk that looks like a pirate's chest, and a larger one that is covered in atlases that are aged. I really want a big trunk to put at the end of my bed, and behind the couch or somewhere in the living room. Trunks trunks trunks. I also love hard luggage. Not enough hard luggage around these days. I love when people re-purpose hard luggage into furniture, or dog/cat beds, too. I've been wanting to try that myself.

Wigs. Love wigs. I have 5. I want more.

Old wine posters. This is hanging in our bedroom right now:

I'd love to get more like this. I've seen some really neat ones.

Dog figurines! I love them. I always try to grab some from the thrift store, even if I don't love the breed.

Wing chairs. We have one in our bedroom. Ry decided one morning at 9AM to go to the thrift store a good half a mile or so away, and CARRY a wing chair home, lol. He REALLY wanted one, and now I want more. We found the couch that matches our chair, in the same store, but we couldn't carry it home, haha.

I love lots of random things.

My Polyvore
Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Top Dog

Post its in fun shapes and colors:

Headbands with bows:

(I probably shouldn't wear them, seeing as I'm nearly 26 years old, but omg they're cute)

Which leads right into...shoes that have bows:
Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I love my Pillow Pet! I was at Adam's parents' house with the flu, and his mom brought me chicken noodle soup and a Pillow Pet. <3 I thought the idea was kind of lame until I actually got one. It's awesome.

Bobble. I love mine. It filters the water as you drink.

Keurig! I make coffee and/or tea with it every day.

I discovered the Sharpie gel highlighters not too long ago. I think they're awesome.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

I love the Sharpie paint pens. Those things are so neat. I have to fight the urge to write all over the walls, though.

I really want one of those bobble bottles.

My Polyvore
Old 02-20-2012, 09:43 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Love the Sharpie paint pens, too. I have a few of the regular paint pens and some poster paint pens. They're awesome.

I love the Bobble. The filter is good for about 300 fill-ups, I think it said. It was only $10 at Target.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Kotah BEAR

Pillow pets FTW. I have 2m thanks to TJ lol.

-Strawberry Crush (soda)
-White Boards
-Old bar lights
-Marilyn Monroe pictures
-Old songs from high school
-Making list (I am the biggest list maker lol)
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

I also love sharpie paint pens!

I have a keurig I got on sale for $30 and it's indeed awesome. I have coffee k-cups and if I want tea I just stick a tea bag in the cup and don't put a k-cup in and it gives me hot water very quickly. I don't know how I got along without it lol

Speaking of coffee, coffee cups with lids. Not a new invention, but an AWESOME one lol.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Durp Dog

After not wearing earrings for 2+ yrs, I am on an earing kick. I just bought 2 tiny 3mm ones off of etsy. My criteria was: non dangly, cheap, and good for sensitive ears.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/93135852...lated_featured

http://www.etsy.com/listing/92461465...=cat_gallery_2

I can't wait until they get here, I have fake ones in now and it feels like my ears are going to fall off.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Aw man, Dakotah saying Strawberry Crush made me think of how much I LOVE Lime Crush. I buy them, and put them in the freezer until they slush. It's like a green freezepop. NUM.

Also, I REALLY miss Wawa, because they sell this blue raspberry soda that is so amazingly delicious when you freeze it to slush consistency. I wish I could figure out how to order it.

My Polyvore