Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 PM
<------RIP Superdog

There is this series Im reading for the second time that I love!!! Its just an easy, junk food read! Great! More graphic romance though then teen romance. Very funny though!

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning
http://www.karenmoning.com/kmm/novels/fever-series.html
Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Holes was actually a book before it was a movie.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpoodleperson View Post
There is this series Im reading for the second time that I love!!! Its just an easy, junk food read! Great! More graphic romance though then teen romance. Very funny though!

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning
http://www.karenmoning.com/kmm/novels/fever-series.html
I loved this one too.....as easy of a read as it is, I found the story and the characters wonderfully complex. I love when storied you actually hurt for the characters. I think I almost cried at the end of the second book
Old 02-20-2012, 09:58 PM
orange iguanas.

Divergent by Veronica Roth.

It's going to be a trilogy but right now just the first book is out. I think the second one comes out in May. It was a little slow at first IMO but by about halfway through I started finding it a lot more interesting. It is a dystopian novel "like" The Hunger Games but that's pretty much where the similarity ends (oh, except this world is split into "districts" as well, but they're not called that). Actually the only reason I decided to read it is because I kept seeing things that said "if you liked THG, you'll like Divergent!" lol.

But yeah. Cool book overall. Pretty excited for the next one to come out.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Other than that I really enjoyed the percy jackson series lol it's a great little series to read/keep in the bathroom. They are easy fun reads and I love em! lol
I was going to recommend the Percy Jackson books too! I like them a lot. Shorter and simpler than Harry Potter but really good.

I also really like the Charlie Bone series...

I read lots of YA fiction too hahaha.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Any of you other Percy Jackson fans read the follow up Olympians books? I really liked "The Lost Hero" and haven't gotten a chance to read "Son of Neptune" yet, but it's on my list.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

The mortal instrament Series by Cassandra Clair. So good and lots of romance and love. Made me all giddy when i read it. It's a YA series.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 02-21-2012, 12:45 AM
<------RIP Superdog

Quote:
as easy of a read as it is, I found the story and the characters wonderfully complex. I love when storied you actually hurt for the characters.
You are right! As easy of a read, they really are well written. I Love all the characters and was very sad when the book was over. Some of the characters I Love from other unconnected (sortof) books of hers. I think she is very funny too! The main character just makes you laugh (and I am in love with the main male character *is it ok to be in love with a book character?*).
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Tamora Pierce stuff. Especially The Song of the Lioness series and The Immortals.

Juliet Marillier books. Especially The Sevenwaters Trilogy which starts with Daughter of the Forest.
<3<3<3 Seriously. Tamora Pierce is the writer that got me into fantasy. I adore her books. The Tortall books are incredible and I love the way she extended the series/realm with Terrier and the Trickster's Choice books.

And Juliet Marillier - I've read all three of those books at least five times each. They are amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
The mortal instrament Series by Cassandra Clair. So good and lots of romance and love. Made me all giddy when i read it. It's a YA series.
I've only read the first one but I like this series too. I was surprised by how much I liked it actually. >.<

And now I've gone to Amazon and realized that the third Beka Cooper (Tamora Pierce) book is out. Goodbye $12. LOl.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Any of you other Percy Jackson fans read the follow up Olympians books? I really liked "The Lost Hero" and haven't gotten a chance to read "Son of Neptune" yet, but it's on my list.
Not yet - I'm a softcover fan so I usually wait a long time to get stuff. I actually went to the library to check out the last Percy Jackson book because it wasn't out in softcover yet, but I wanted to know how the series ended, haha.
Plus now that Borders is gone I haven't actually bought very many books... I was sort of an impulse buyer with books. I'd go to the store with my coupon with nothing particular in mind, wander around, and go "oh hey, I wanted to read that!" and buy something.

My bank account is happy Borders went under I guess. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog