Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
Also, check out Christopher Moore's vampire books.
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by him is seriously one of my favorite books EVER
Old 02-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I also HIGHLY recommend these two! They're great! It really is like HP married Narnia, had a baby, and that baby grew up to be this book, but ends up being something you'd not expect from its parents. Some of the plot twists in the second book made me furious, which I liked because I didn't expect them at all (HP always felt a little bit predictable to me at times, so I like that these books take you on a ride).
The characters are great, too. They are the type where you're not entirely sure if you should love them or hate them, and I think in the end, you do a lot of both, with each one. They are very human, in that way.
Like what? You can PM me if you don't want to spoil it for everyone else lol. I ask because parts of the second book made me go "WHAAAAAT?!?" as well.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
oh and just to make it clear that I do actually read adult books as well
You know, I really don't anymore. At least not fiction! (I read a fair amount of non-fiction.)

I just tend to find YA stuff more interesting and easy to get into. I can't help it.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
You know, I really don't anymore. At least not fiction! (I read a fair amount of non-fiction.)

I just tend to find YA stuff more interesting and easy to get into. I can't help it.
I read a lot of YA too. Though, I will say I also read a lot of Adult Fantasy but I'm seriously particular about what I like and to be honest most of it is similar to the YA stuff I read just a little bit more mature and longer.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by him is seriously one of my favorite books EVER
Laughed so hard during that book.
I recommend this one too!

My Polyvore
Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Laughed so hard during that book.
I recommend this one too!
That was on a reading list of historical books for a class I took in high school. I'm thinking whoever made the list didn't actually read it But that's ok, I ended up taking advantage of it!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Quote:
That was on a reading list of historical books for a class I took in high school. I'm thinking whoever made the list didn't actually read it But that's ok, I ended up taking advantage of it!
I recently checked out his book Coyote Blue. It was actually really good, a bit different than his newer works. I love how he's evolved with his style, and just become even more hilarious, but Coyote Blue was great.

I need to grab Practical Demonkeeping!

Also, I learned not too long ago that The Emperor in his books was actually based on a real guy.

My Polyvore
Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Top Dog

Not young adult, and not romance, but from the sort-of-sci-fi, there are vampires (sometimes) genre - The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher is probably my favorite series ever. Clever, fun, snarky...I adore everything about them. Quite a few out now (maybe 13?) and they come out about once a year.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Oh man agreed. I just finished that one recently.

I'm already up to five books read this year. I could probably compile a list if I thought hard. XD

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Kotah BEAR

I still need to read the Hunger Games, I don't have a kindle or any fancy reading tablet, so I guess good ol' bookstore, here I come lol.

Its not a series, but Holes is a good book.
I use to HATE reading, like hate hate hate it. Still kinda do. But I read Holes in less than a day and its got 50 chapters. Its not long chapters, but its an okay thick book. I loved it.
Yes the book Holes is from the Disney movie Holes which I LOVE to bits because I big Shia fan lol

Other than that, Band Of Sisters. Its about women in the military who get deployed and their lives while deployed. Its a really good book. I cried through most of it, but I'm a wimp when it comes to stuff like that lol.

That's all I got right now.