Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-19-2012, 02:20 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default I did it. PHEW

I made 80 starfish ornaments lol. I got an order at the end of January to make 80 of these starfish ornaments for a wedding

I didn't think I'd ever finish them lol. it felt like it took forEVER but it really only took me a couple of weeks to get them done which isn't bad considering I did it all by myself.

I was excited when I got the order... it's a nice commission but Oy VEY once I started I was wondering what I was thinking taking on 80 by myself lol.

but lots of burns (hot glue gun), blisters and just plain old fatigue in my hands later and I'm finally done.

I can't believe it. I did a little happy dance when I finished the last one last night. I'm pretty proud of myself and I worked my butt off on these to make sure each one was done to the best of my ability.

If I ever take on another order like this again please shake me silly lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Top Dog

80? Wow. I know by about the 20th one I'd have a really hard time maintaining quality Congratulations on finishing and on doing each one well! They're quite pretty I can see why someone would want them for a wedding.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:35 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

yeah it was really a struggle at times to keep on keeping on lol

I emailed her with a "group photo" of all 80 of them to get her final approval. when she responded I opened my email and silently prayed "PLEEEEEEEEASE be happy with them or I'll cry... or have to be committed because I'll go crazy"

Thank you

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney