Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
Reason I ask is because sometime like August-Sept in Western Washington is fan freaking Fantastic for traveling and doing stuff... rest o the year. Yeah, not so much unless you like rain or hunting.
Washington is on our list--good to know about the weather though. My parents visited Seatle this past summer and loved it.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Chicago would be a close one though I assume you've already done Brookfield and Shedd if you guys are zoo people... St. Louis has one of the best zoos in the country IMO. Indianapolis has the only underwater dolphin dome and it's AMAZING, but the rest of the zoo is just kinda meh, especially once you've been to the STL Zoo... they have done so many updates in STL, it's just beautiful and you don't get much of that "animals behind bars" feeling anymore. They've done a NICE job.

I love St. Louis honestly, and if you go to one of the smaller cities like St. Charles, it's so quiet and quaint and there's fun stuff to do. St. Charles has a downtown right along the river and it's old antique shops and all kinds of cute, quirky, kitschy stuff like that. Lots of cool things to do down in that area.

There's plenty of places on the east coast that are really nice, Virginia through the Carolinas. If you go during the off season you can score cheap hotels right on the beach too.

Hawaii is my dream destination. => I'd go island hopping in Hawaii if money and vacation time were no concern!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
<------RIP Superdog

My favorite place is Hiton Head Island, SC!!!! I have been like 8 times, and I Adore it!!! I went on several family vacations there, so the place has an emotional tug for me. Some of the best beaches, fun area, close to Savannah and Charleston for a day trip. I love it!!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Another vote for western Washington.

There is a bit of everything here and it is beautiful.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
We really enjoy zoos and aquariums, so those would be awesome too.
Take a look at Gatlinburg. World class aquarium and the Knoxville Zoo just 40 minutes or so away. Lots to do there, or if you'd like a laid back but urban sort of spot, look at Knoxville, in the Old City area. Check out the Oliver Hotel. http://www.theoliverhotel.com/ There are always small venue concerts and stuff going on.

Hot Springs, NC is awesome too.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Behavior Nerd

Outer Banks, NC (relaxed atmosphere, can get away from tourists on Ocracoke or be near all the activities if you stay on Hatteras) or the Pacific Northwest (loved the Oregon coast, and the rainforests!) are on the top of my list.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:49 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Aquarium and zoos? Dc and baltimore . Te national smithsoinian zoo in dc plus awesome museums and the aquarium in baltimore ... We usually do this at least once a year

Smithsonian zoo is FREE BTW

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

California!! Whereelse can you go snowboarding in the morning, and surfing at the beach in the afternoon on the same day?

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:07 PM
*Now with Snark*

My vote without a doubt would be somewhere like Kalaloch, Washington in the two almost always good summer months. The area is gorgeous if you like the outdoors and want to not be in a tourist trap. Downside is that it's a hell of a drive even after a flight.

Depending on the weather that year I might head to California either northern or southern has a ton of very nice places to get away to depending on your interests.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Outer Banks, NC (relaxed atmosphere, can get away from tourists on Ocracoke or be near all the activities if you stay on Hatteras) or the Pacific Northwest (loved the Oregon coast, and the rainforests!) are on the top of my list.
Second the Outer Banks, although we stay a bit farther south, on Bogue Island, south of Cape Lookout. Lots of stuff to see and do (or not do), and good seafood! Don't know if it matters, but the town where we stay is dog friendly and while the beach is public, there's no public parking so you only have the folks renting the houses on the beach. We walk in the early morning and rarely see another person. Dolphins go up and down the coast, too, and sometimes ride the breakers in pretty close - pretty cool to see.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey