Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 11-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Active Pup

Default Puppy biting problem

We recently got a new puppy from a rescue centre, he is a German Sheperd Dog crossed with a Belgian Sheperd Dog, he is currently 8-12 weeks old, we arent sure because the vet said he was 12 weeks old, but the Battersea rescue home said he was 9 weeks when we first got him. He is currently teething and bits everything, including people, but he seems to be biting harder and harder. He even went for my nose when I went down to stroke him. Saying no doesn't work, and when I point my finger at him and say no, he just tries to bit my finger off.

Anyone got any idea?
Old 11-18-2005, 08:15 AM
Active Pup

if he trys to bite you or someone, give it a chew toy insted of your finger, and if it chews the toy say good *name of dog* and pat his back.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Love my pets

Give him a toy to chew on instead. Even if he chews on it for only a few seconds, say "good boy". I also just bought a chilly bone (wet with water, freeze, give to dog to soothe gums). If you put nipping, teething under search, you'll find lots of posts on this subject.